Research master’s psychology aims to train the analytical to deal with evolutionary knowledge in a scientifically responsible way. It creates bridges among subdisciplines in psychology and contributes toward the formation of scientific insights. The program is specially designed for students who are immensely motivated toward psychological interest. Along with students who are interested in a career as a researcher or applied researcher in psychology.
In this blog, we will provide detailed information about the masters in research psychology. We will cover everything from starting till the end, including eligibility criteria, top universities, career scopes, job roles, and much more. Stay tuned to this blog till the end to get well-versed with the whole information.
This Blog Includes:
This program is a broad-based research training program in psychology, that covers theory and different ways in core domains of psychology showing specific research strong points within the given department. Along with that some universities also provide hands-on research training within the core research themes.
Also Read: Overview of MA Psychology
Top Universities in the World
Following are some of the best and top universities to pursue a master’s in research psychology around the world.
|QS Ranking 2023||Name of University||Program Name||Average Duration|
|1||Harvard University||Psychology Master’s Degree Program||Program length depends on
between 2 and 5 years. It depends
on your preferred pace and the
number of courses you want to take each semester.
|2||University of Oxford||MSc in Psychological Research||One Year|
|3||University of Cambridge||MPhil in Biological Science (Psychology)||One Year|
|4||Stanford University||Master of Arts in Psychology||4 Years|
|5||UCL||Psychological Sciences MSc||1 Year|
The following are the basic eligibility criteria that you should abide by, further, you may also have to follow some specific criteria for a particular university.
- You should have a B.Sc. degree in Psychology or a similar field with a minimum of 50% marks.
- English proficiency test scores are mandatory at most universities. TOEFL and IELTS, both are accepted at most universities.
- If you are found eligible, you might have to appear for an interview.
Also Read: How to Crack a Personal Interview
English Language Requirements
Here are the English language requirements to pursue this program at the above-mentioned universities:
|Test||Minimum Score Required|
- As a first step make sure you have collected your college transcripts as you are going to apply for the master’s.
- You will need a statement of purpose that will help the perspective university understand your solo motive to pursue a master’s in research psychology in that particular university.
- Now, choose your dream college with Leverage Edu’s free AI Course Finder tool.
- Then, visit the particular website and initiate to apply the correct information in the respective fields.
- Accept the offer from the respected university, as soon as you get it and arrange the required funds.
- Lastly, start the visa application process to reach your dream destination.
The following are the documents that you should be ready with yourself before applying to any university.
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Student Visa
Also Read: Differences Between a CV and Resume
Cost of Studying
Here is the cost of pursuing a Master in Research Psychology abroad:
|Name of University||Tuition Fee|
|University of Oxford||£38,660|
|University of Cambridge||£ 35,673|
Below are some of the scholarships which can be used by the Indian students who want to carry on their Master’s in research psychology:
- Ferguson Scholarships
- Founders’ Graduate Scholarships
- Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award
- American Psychological Foundation Scott and Paul Pearsall
- Europe Psychology Scholarships
In the next section, let us talk about the career scope that is available to you.
As soon as you complete your master’s in Psychology, it opens a wide range of career options in a variety of fields including Clinical Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist, Educational Psychologist, Forensic Psychologist, Occupational Psychologist, and more.
Job Profiles and Salary
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Urban Planning Officer||$78,500|
MSc Brain Research is a certificate program that deals with the investigation of various medicines and systems for various emotional wellness issues. The students will gain proficiency with the typical and unusual brain working, while additionally figuring out the means of utilizing objective strategies to give emotional wellness treatment.
The eligibility may vary from one university to another. However, in general, you must appear for an English proficiency test, core at least an aggregate of 50%, and then in specific, you will have many specific requirements depending on the university.
After completing your master’s degree you can work as a Clinical Psychologist, Counseling Psychologist, Research Psychologists or Social Psychologist, depending on your specialization taken during your Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy degree.
Master’s in psychology degrees are taken as the most appropriate in many employment capacities, that is one of the many benefits of pursuing this type of degree. This degree could lead to a job in a therapeutic or counselling setting, a human resources department at a business, or a laboratory.
If you are required to apply to some top-notch universities for Masters in Research Psychology Courses, you can get assistance from Leverage Edu. You can get admission at the top colleges and start your career as a psychologist in the psychological industry. Once you complete your education with these top Universities, the chances of getting a job in respected fields get increased.