If you are appearing for IELTS Exam this year then you have to improve your IELTS Vocabulary first. In this English proficiency exam, your speaking, listening, and writing of the English language will be tested. In the speaking and writing section of the exam, you will be asked to speak about various topics like politics, festivals, about you, advertising and so on. In this blog, we have mentioned some popular words related to IELTS advertising vocabulary with their meaning.
This Blog Includes:
Importance of IELTS Advertising Vocabulary
Advertising vocabulary is an important component of the IELTS exam because of some reasons:
- It tests your ability to understand and use language related to marketing and advertising.
- A good understanding of advertising vocabulary is also important for everyday life as we are constantly exposed to various forms of advertising in our daily lives.
- Knowing the meaning and usage of advertising vocabulary words will enable you to better understand advertisements and make informed decisions as a consumer.
How to Improve IELTS Advertising Vocabulary?
Here are some tips on how to improve your advertising vocabulary:
- Read Advertising Materials: To get a better understanding of advertising vocabulary, read advertisements in magazines, newspapers, and online.
- Watch Commercials: Commercials are a great source of advertising vocabulary. Watch TV commercials or look up ads on youtube.
- Use Flashcards: Create flashcards with advertising vocabulary words and their definitions. Review them regularly to reinforce vocabulary in your understanding.
- Practice Writing: Write short advertisements or product descriptions using the advertising vocabulary words.
- Take Practice Tests: Take practice tests that focus on advertising vocabulary to assess your knowledge and identify areas that need improvement.
Also Read: IELTS Animal Rights Vocabulary
Examples of Advertising Vocabulary in IELTS
Here are some common words in the IELTS advertising vocabulary with their meaning.
|Call to action (CTA)||A prompt to encourage the viewer or reader to take a specific action, such as “Buy now” or “Sign up today.”|
|Unique Selling Proposition (USP)||A distinctive feature or benefit of a product or service that sets it apart from competitors.|
|Brand Image||The overall perception of a brand in the minds of consumers.|
|Endorsement||A public declaration of support or approval of a product or service by a celebrity or expert.|
|Target Market||The specific group of people that a product or service is aimed at.|
|Conversion Rate||The percentage of people who take a desired action after viewing an advertisement, such as making a purchase or filling out a form.|
|Impressions||The number of times an advertisement is viewed, regardless of whether or not it is clicked or acted upon.|
|Ad placement||The location of an advertisement within a media outlet, such as the top of a webpage or a specific section of a magazine.|
|Ad copy||The written text of an advertisement, includes headlines, body copy, and taglines.|
|Ad Spend||The amount of money a company allocates to advertising in order to promote its products or services.|
Understanding advertising vocabulary is important for IELTS preparation. Improving this vocabulary will help candidates to answer advertising-related questions in speaking and writing questions.
To improve your understanding of advertising vocabulary, read advertisements in magazines, newspapers, and online, watch commercials, use flashcards, and practice writing short advertisements.
(1) Call to action (CTA)
(2) Conversion Rate
(3) Ad Spend
(4) Brand Image
These are some popular words related to advertising topics.
Need help preparing for IELTS? Candidates who want to prepare for IELTS or any other language proficiency test, can Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers and strengthen your English score as well as your application so that you can secure your spot in your dream college. Fulfil your dreams of studying abroad with Leverage Edu, to get a free counselling session, reach us at 1800572130.