You might be wondering about the Curtin University acceptance rate for international students and how to apply if you are interested in pursuing your study abroad at this renowned institute in Australia. In this blog, we will provide you with some information and tips on Curtin University acceptance rate for international students, as well as the admission requirements like eligibility criteria, documents required, fees, scholarships, and rankings. Read on to know more!
|Type||Public research university|
|% of International Students||23.9%|
|Accepted Exams||TOEFL, PTE, IELTS|
|Number of Campuses (Domestic & International)||5|
|Scholarships Awarded||6 (for UG & PG students)|
|Location||Kent St, Bentley, WA 6102, Australia|
This Blog Includes:
Curtin University Acceptance Rate For International Students 2023
The Curtin University acceptance rate for international students is 50%, meaning that the institute is moderately selective in its student intake. Being one of the leading public research universities in Australia, Curtin University has a global reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It offers 89 undergraduate and 163 postgraduate programs in various disciplines, such as:
- Agriculture, environment and sustainability
- Architecture and construction
- The arts and creative industries
- Business, management and law
- Culture, language and Indigenous
- Engineering and mining
- IT and computing
- Physical sciences and mathematics
Must Read: Top Hangout Spots Near Curtin University
Top Courses Offered By Curtin University
Though Curtin University acceptance rate is moderately selective, it offers top-notch courses to its students, particularly in the Health discipline. Its Psychology courses have also been ranked #8 by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings in Australia. Given below are some of the popular subjects that the university offers according to QS World Ranking 2023:
|Subjects||QS World Rankings 2023|
|Mineral and Mining Engineering||2|
|Earth and Marine Sciences||33|
|Engineering and Technology||159|
|Social Sciences and Management||207|
Here are some popular courses offered by Curtin University, along with their tuition fee and application deadline for the year 2023:
|Course||Tuition Fee (in AUD)||Application Deadline|
|Bachelor of Science (B.S) Health Sciences||37,698/year||For semester 2 intake: 10 July 2023|
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) Mechanical Engineering||44,344/year|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||33,128/year|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||20,217/year|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Psychology||30,555/year|
|Master of Science (M.S) Computer Science||22,218/year|
|Master of Science (M.S) Nursing Practice||35,580/year|
|Master of Supply Chain Management||30,750/year|
|Master of Health Administration||26,625/year|
|Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||34,125/year|
Curtin University Acceptance Rate: Important Dates 2023
|Fall||22 December 2023 – 26 April 2024|
|Spring||9 February – 23 August 2024|
|Summer||22 December 2023 – 9 February 2024|
|Winter||5 July 2024|
Curtin University QS World Ranking 2023-24
In 2023, Curtin University was globally ranked 193 by QS World Ranking. But the institute has climbed up 10 ranks for 2024, positioning itself at #183 worldwide. While Times Higher Education globally ranked Curtin at 201, the US News and World Report placed the institute at 160 for 2023.
To be counted under Curtin University acceptance rate, you need to meet the entry requirements for your chosen course. Since each course has its own specific requirements for enrollment, you can check out the university’s official website for further details:
Here’s the general admission process for Curtin University:
- Decide which course you want to pursue.
- Identify the requirements for your application’s documents.
- Select a mode of study: on-campus, online or through a partner institution. Some courses may have limited or no online options.
- When you’re ready to begin your application, click the ‘Apply now’ button on the course page you’re applying for, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will need to create an account and fill in your personal and academic details. Upload your supporting documents and pay the application fee if applicable.
- After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation and a reference number. You can use this number to track the status of your application online.
- Further, if your application is successful, you will receive an offer letter from Curtin University. Accept the offer and pay the tuition deposit by the deadline specified in the letter. You will also need to apply for a Australian student visa if you are an international student.
- Once you have accepted the offer and obtained your visa, you can start preparing for your arrival and enrolment at Curtin University.
- You can find more information about orientation, accommodation, health insurance, etc. on the university’s official website.
Must Read: Study in Australia: 2023 Aspirants Guide
Entry and Academic Requirements
To compete with high Curtin University acceptance rate, the applicants need to meet the following entry requirements. They are applicable for all undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees. However, the tests mentioned in the table below are the minimum requirements and don’t apply for courses with higher English Language requirements:
|Tests||Overall Minimum Score|
|IELTS Academic||6.5, with 6.0 each in all the components|
|PTE Academic||58, with 50 each in all the components|
|TOEFL iBT||79 (Reading & Listening: 13, Speaking: 18, Writing: 21)|
|TOEFL PBT||570 and 4.5 in TWE|
Academic Requirements for Indian Students:
- A minimum of 60% in the best four subjects of CBSE/ ISC
- 60% in English subject
- 65% in High School from a recognized Higher Secondary Education Board
Depending on the level, mode of study, and the specific course you are interested in, the documents required to apply for Curtin University, Australia vary. However, here are some general documents that you will need to provide:
- Certified copies of your previous qualifications: High school degree, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, etc. Provide transcripts, award certificates, and grading system descriptions for each qualification.
- Passport size photographs
- Certified copies of your English language proficiency test scores, such as IELTS or TOEFL, or evidence of completing an approved English course. The minimum English requirements may differ for each course.
- A personal statement explaining your motivation and suitability for the course.
- A research proposal (if applying for a research degree)
- Updated CV/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- A copy of your passport and visa
Must Read: Best Restaurants Near Curtin University
With the acceptance rate of Curtin University being competitive, there are several scholarships offered by the university and Australian government to international students. In addition, these innovative scholarships amounts up to 25% of the first-year tuition fee, easing their financial burden. Given below are scholarships offered by Curtin along with their amount eligibility criteria:
|Merit Scholarship||25% of the first-year tuition fee||High achieving international students|
|Australian Year 12 Scholarship||Awarded to high achieving UG students who have completed Australian high school qualifications in Australia or overseas|
|Destination Australia Scholarship||15,000 AUD/year||High achieving PG students enrolled in mining and metallurgy programs at the Kalgoorlie campus|
|Alumni and Family Scholarship||25% of the first-year tuition fee||International students who have personal ties to Curtin University such as a family member of an enrolled student.|
Ans. Curtin University is moderately selective when it comes to student intake with an acceptance rate of 50%. So it’s competitive to get into the institute.
Ans. The Curtin University acceptance rate for 2023 is 50%.
Ans. Curtin university can take up to 10 days to process the student’s application. Furthermore, you can contact them at their official email email@example.com or through your agent if you don’t receive a response from them within 10 days.
We hope that this blog was able to provide all information regarding Curtin University acceptance rate and more. For more such blogs on study abroad, keep following Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!