Individuals who intend to apply for admission to Carleton University’s winter intake (January to April) 2024 must do so by November 15, 2023. The admission deadline for the university’s fall intake (September to December) is currently inactive and will tentatively re-open in the month of June 2024.
Students interested in pursuing their higher education at the prestigious Carleton University can opt for a myriad of UG and PG programs, such as Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Health Sciences, Journalism, etc.
|Name of University||Carleton University|
|Admission Portal||Undergraduate Courses- OUAC
Postgraduate Courses- University Portal
|Application Fee||PG: CAD 120 UG: CAD 100-166|
|Rank||#651-700 by QS World University Ranking|
This Blog Includes:
- Carleton University Admission Dates 2024
- Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students at Carleton University 2024 Intake
- Carleton University Application for International Students
Also Read: How to Study Abroad Under 20 Lakhs?
Carleton University Admission Dates 2024
Refer to the following table to go through the general admission deadlines for UG courses at Carleton University:
|September Intake Application Start||October|
|Beginning of the Rolling Admission||January|
|Study Permit Process Start||February – June|
|Last Date to Apply for a Prestige Scholarship||March|
|Deadline to Apply for the majority of the programmes.||April|
|Last Date for Paying the Deposit of Residence||June|
|Registration for Classes||July|
Also Read: Public Universities in Canada
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students at Carleton University 2024 Intake
Individuals who wish to pursue their higher education at Carleton University’s 2024 Intake can refer to the list of eligibility criteria below:
Students intending to pursue UG courses at Carleton University are primarily required to submit reports of their academic performance in previous classes. Refer to the following list of criteria that must be met by UG aspirants who wish to study at the prestigious Carleton University.
- Must have an all-India school certificate (CBSE).
- Must have an Indian School Certificate (CISCE)
- Decent academic scores in class 12.
Those who wish to pursue PG courses from Carleton University must:
- Hold a 4-year bachelor’s degree
- Must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 65% – 74% in graduation exams.
Those who wish to pursue doctoral courses at Carleton University must have a master’s / graduate degree equivalent to an M.Phil or M.Law.
Carleton University Application for International Students
Admissions at Carleton University are done on a rolling basis, i.e., evaluation of candidatures is conducted immediately after the applications and fees are submitted. That being said, students
intending to study at Carleton University can refer to the following steps to apply for UG and PG courses at the stated university.
How to Apply for UG Courses at Carleton University?
Refer to the following steps to apply for UG courses at Carleton University.
- Students must visit the official website of the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC), i.e., ouac.on.ca., and register through the portal.
- Students can even apply directly to Carleton University by completing the International Student Application. You can do so by creating a Carleton 360 account.
- Once the applications are submitted, individuals will be provided with an email notification mentioning their Carleton applicant number.
- You can use this number to track your application.
- Students are then required to submit their official documents through the Carleton 360 portal.
How to Apply for PG Courses at Carleton University?
Individuals who wish to apply for PG courses at Carleton University must:
- Directly apply for such courses by creating their official Carleton 360 accounts.
- Once your account is created on the Carleton 360 portal, you will need to click on the ‘Apply Now’ option on the right side of the screen.
- Students are then required to fill in the required details such as academic history, referee information, English language test score, etc., and attest the necessary documents.
- In the end, students are required to pay an amount of CAD 120 to complete the registration process.
Carleton University is very selective in its admissions due to its low acceptance rate of 21%. Yes, it can be difficult to gain admission to Carleton University; nevertheless, with sufficient preparation on the entrance requirements and processes, you can gain admission.
Indian students aspiring to pursue PG courses from Carleton University must acquire a minimum score of 64 to 75% in their graduation exams.
You can accept your admission offer in Carleton by logging in to your OUAC profile and selecting the option of “Choices/Offers” to view your offers of admission. Once done with that, you can select the “Offer” or “Alternate Offer” option to respond to your offer. In the end, you must select the option of ‘Save and Continue’ to accept the admission offer.
Carleton University is one of Canada’s most prominent universities. The college is recognized not only for its top-tier education but also for providing international students with world-class research and campus facilities.
To discover more articles like this one, consult the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.