For most students, studying abroad is a no-brainer. You are more likely to take classes to meet your timetable than to satisfy your insatiable wanderlust. Attending an awareness program hosted by the office of international studies at my school was the first step in deciding when to travel abroad. The counsellors provided a breakdown of the logistics of studying abroad during each year of college, along with special considerations for each option. The greatest time for pursuing studies overseas ended up being the first semester of the last year because my degree program required two consecutive year-long courses over four years.
This Blog Includes:
Best Time to Study Abroad
Even though it looks simple but should, study abroad is quite a difficult process and requires planning. There are several things to think about, such as:
- Timing: When do the academic years begin and end at the desired school? The academic calendars of many schools worldwide may overlap with those of your home country’s schools the following year.
- Duration: Would you like to enrol for a semester? And if so, which one? The entire year? Eight to six weeks during the summer?
- Academics: Are there any requirements you need to meet before travelling abroad? Is there any course prerequisites you haven’t yet finished that have equivalents? Will travelling at a specific time postpone your graduation, and if so, are you prepared to do that? Make sure you consult an advisor about all the courses you require and those for which you can receive credit equivalents.
The major challenge is to plan the best time to study abroad, considering all the abovementioned pointers.
Also Read: Study Abroad Intakes
To-Do List for Your Study Abroad Aspirations
If you want to ensure a successful admission to land at your dream university, you must first ensure that you have completed the required steps within the given timeline and that all these steps are done accurately. Here is the to-do list that would help you to start your study abroad journey.
- The initial stage is to start research and then decide, followed by proper planning. This means you can no longer complete tasks at the last moment, as this step helps you get more time to focus on your studies and research if needed
- Qualification and Standardised Tests are among the major requirements you must fulfil to achieve your dream. This language proficiency or standardised test includes Gmat, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE and much more. However, you are also required to go through the admission requirements of your dream university.
- Academic Record
- Seek Guidance
- Fill out the form completely and accurately
- Look for financial aid and scholarships
Also Read: Study Abroad
Best Time to Study Abroad
Here is the step-by-step process to help you deeply understand the process of planning the best time to study abroad.
- Decide Earlier
The perfect time to study is after the candidate wants to complete a bachelor’s degree from an officially recognised university as early as the candidate reaches class 9th grade.
- Start Planning
Once you have decided to study abroad, students must explore the eligibility requirements, the list of entrance exams and other relevant information. For a perfect study plan, you can also seek advice from Leverage Edu – Your Trusted Study Abroad Expert. This is quite an essential movement as you can start preparing for a resume and various other relevant letters of recommendation, Essays and other relevant things.
- Start Preparing for the Tests
To take admitted to an undergraduate program in a foreign university, you must qualify for entrance exams such as SAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS and much more. At the same time, SAT allows you to take admission to an undergraduate degree, whereas GRE and GMAT allow you to give wings to your postgraduate aspirations.
When to Take SAT Test
When you seek admission to your bachelor’s degree at a foreign university, you are choired to take the SAT exam. It is one of the most popular entrance exams, which is acceptable for admission in almost all universities in countries such as Australia, Germany, the USA, the UK, Singapore, and Germany. The right time to take the SAT Exam is after completing your 11th standard.
When to Take the English Language Test
Like SAT examinations, Language Proficiency Tests such as IELTS and TOEFL are conducted multiple times throughout the year. You are only required to opt for month, date and time. You can appear for these tests in the class 11th or before that. If you opt for the exam early, you will have sufficient time to reappear for the exam and thus improvise the test scores.
Usually, people go abroad with friends they already have. However, this can be replaced by making new friends. Further, it would help if you did not compare your study abroad experience with your friends or other people studying abroad. This all is because your study abroad experience is uniquely own.
Of course, it is no more a secret that the study abroad experience makes you a better version of yourself. This experience makes you better adapt to delve deeper into a work environment.
The United States of America is at the top of the list of best study-abroad countries as it is home to the best higher education system abroad.