Are you looking forward to funding your studies abroad? Canada is an inspiring and fantastic country to plan your education overseas. A country with friendly people and demanding career opportunities. If you are planning to apply for a Canadian Memorial Scholarship, then go ahead! There is nothing to lose but definitely to gain a lot. There are two different sorts of scholarships available; further information is provided below. Though applications for studies in 2023–2024 are no longer being accepted.
|Name of the Scholarship||Canada Memorial Scholarship|
|2 types of scholarships||Students from UK who want to study in CanadaStudent from Canada who want to study in UK|
|Cash Award||Euro 10,000 (INR 8,92,910)|
|Courses||Available for postgraduate taught courses|
Students from the UK Looking to Study in Canada
For any year-long postgraduate (Masters-level) study offered by a recognized Canadian further education provider, British students are eligible to apply for full scholarships. Candidates must be nationals of the United Kingdom and reside there. They ought to:
- Own or anticipate possessing a first- or second-class honors degree.
- Be able to provide compelling justifications for wanting to study in Canada.
- Be able to exhibit both high academic credentials and leadership and ambassadorial abilities.
Also Read: Orange Tulip Scholarship
Students from Canada Who Want to Study in the UK
Students from Canada can apply for full scholarships to any year-long postgraduate (Masters-level) program at a UK university. Candidates must be Canadian citizens and;
- Have a strong justification for wanting to attend a prestigious UK institution (preferably one that focuses on public policy).
- Hold a scholarship offer from the desired university.
- Demonstrate your understanding of and enthusiasm for your field.
- Intend to come back to Canada and lead.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Promote a relationship between Canada and Great Britain by showcasing your national pride and diplomatic prowess.
- Possess at least three years of relevant job experience and, as of the application deadline, were younger than 28.
When the CMF:
Pay the entire year’s worth of school expenses.
Grant scholars a total cash prize of £10,000 to pay for:
- For 11 months, the scholar will receive an £800.00 monthly stipend into a UK bank account. The first payment would be due on August 1 (about one month before the course began), and the last payment would be due on June 1.
- A down payment of £1,200.00, due on July 1st, prior to the commencement of the programme, to cover the cost of a return flight and other travel expenses.
Researchers are urged to:
Send the CMF a final written report on your experience in Canada or the UK, together with up to four shorter “blog-style” updates that the CMF can use as excerpts in printed materials or online.
Participate in a variety of social gatherings before and after their time away with the Trustees, Academic Committee, and other current and past scholars, all of which are intended to foster the CMF scholars’ community and maybe raise more funds to assist future scholars.
Must Read: Holland Scholarship
Expectations of the Canadian Memorial Scholarship
Successful applicants for both scholarships will be able to provide leadership and ambassadorial skills in addition to a solid academic record.
What is Covered by the Canadian Memorial Scholarship?
The Awards, which are valid for just one year, will pay for all travel expenses as well as fees, maintenance, lodging, and other allowances. Candidates applying for courses lasting more than a year may be asked to certify that they have access to extra financial sources that will allow them to finish the program (these awards are not available for doctoral-level studies).
How are Awards Awarded for Scholarships Made?
Early in the new year, the best applicants are interviewed by a panel of trustees and the academic committee of the Canada Memorial Foundation. Candidates must demonstrate their familiarity with, enthusiasm for, and justifications for choosing to pursue their chosen course of study in either Canada or the UK.
Must Read: PhD in Canada with Scholarship
Yes, you can get it if your university application is outstanding.
A candidate must have scored 8.0/10 to get a scholarship in Canada.
If you wish to study abroad and are looking for assistance, connect with our experts on 1800 57 2000 and book your 30-minute free consultation.