We can’t even imagine our lives without movies and television since they have ingrained themselves so deeply into our daily life. This sector of the economy is one of the finest at expressing and comprehending our easily recognisable emotions. In addition to providing us with entertainment, movies and television help the economy flourish by providing millions of people from all walks of life with jobs and by bringing in billions of dollars annually. You’ve come to the perfect blog if you have a keen eye or wish to develop one. Through this blog, we will take you through the entire journey of earning a degree in Bachelors of Film and Television, top universities, syllabus and more. Let’s get started.
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Film and Television|
|Type of Course||Undergraduate Degree|
|Duration of the course||3 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognised board|
This Blog Includes:
- Skills Required for Bachelor in Film and Television Course
- Bachelor of Film and Television Course Syllabus
- Bachelor of Film and Television Course Eligibility Criteria
- Popular Universities and Colleges for Bachelor of Film and Television in India
- Popular Universities and Colleges for Bachelor of Film and Television Abroad
- Documents Required
- Application Procedure
- Career Scope and Job Prospects
Skills Required for Bachelor in Film and Television Course
Having a set of essential skills will help you stand out from the competition and advance your profession. Let’s take a look at the skills required for the Bachelor in Film and Television course:
- A passion towards producing high-quality content
- Visual and narrative skills
- Communication Skills
- Inquisitive mind
Bachelor of Film and Television Course Syllabus
Now that you are aware of the skills required to enrol in a Bachelor of Film and Television study. Now let’s look at the program’s curriculum:
- Initiation to Literature, Storytelling & Creative Writing
- Basics of Visuals
- Understanding Effective Communication
- Basics of Radio
- Camera Techniques
- Cinema History
- Basics of Photography
- Drama and Aesthetics
- Introduction to Cinema & Film Appreciation
- Basics of Filmmaking
- Concept of Storyboarding
- Basics of Cinematography
- Understanding Television Formats & Genres
- Basics of Direction for Television
- Importance of Sound & Sound Special Effects
- Concepts of Post-Production & Computer Graphics
- Basics of Visual Special Effects & Compositing
- Understanding Advertisement Film Making
Bachelor of Film and Television Course Eligibility Criteria
Let’s look at the requirements for admission to a Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television programme.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 in any subject from a recognised board with a minimum grade of 50% (45% for SC/ST).
- For admission to overseas programmes, candidates must take IELTS and/or TOEFL tests as per the requirements of the specific university.
- Admissions are either based on merit determined by 10+2 marks OR based on a merit list created following a written test and personal interview. The admissions procedure, however, differs from university to university.
Popular Universities and Colleges for Bachelor of Film and Television in India
Admissions to Indian universities and institutions are typically based on 10+2 grades, while some colleges also have their own entrance tests. The institution’s admissions standards, however, are completely up to them. Let’s take a look at some of the institutions in India for the Bachelors of Film and Television course.
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida
- Amity University
- National Academy of Media and Events, Kolkata
- Whistling Woods International Film School, Mumbai.
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- MIT School of Film and Television, Pune.
- Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies, Mumbai.
- Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment, Mumbai.
- Central India Institutes of Mass Communication, Nagpur.
Popular Universities and Colleges for Bachelor of Film and Television Abroad
|Name of the Institution||Country||Average Annual Tuition Fee|
|New York Film Academy||USA||INR 21.80 Lakh|
|Vancouver Film School||Canada||INR 40.50 Lakh|
|Toronto Film School||Canada||INR 13.97 Lakh – INR 21.37 Lakh|
|USC School of Cinematic Arts||USA||INR 44.12 Lakh|
|The Los Angeles Film School||USA||INR 21.63 Lakh|
|TISCH School of Arts, NYU||USA||INR 42.00 Lakh|
|London Film School||UK||INR 14.41 Lakh|
There are some standard document requirements that a candidate must meet regardless of the country to which they choose to apply for the Bachelor of Film and Television. The following is a list of some standard documentation requirements.
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application procedure begins months before the start of classes and lasts for a considerable amount of time. For overseas students to begin their studies, universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for studying the Bachelor of Film and Television abroad:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and depart for the best country for the Bachelor of Film and Television.
Career Scope and Job Prospects
A bachelor’s degree in the film and television industry is highly desirable because it has a wide range of opportunities and is currently one of the most sought-after industries. One can earn a lucrative salary package ranging from INR 5.00 Lakh to INR 25.00 Lakh. Let’s look at the work possibilities after obtaining a degree in the same.
Indian cinema’s rising popularity has expanded its market, making it one of the top professions that people choose.
Candidates with a passion for making films should have exceptional creativity and creative taste, as well as excellent time management ability, attention to detail, visual imagination, observation, originality, innovations, and storytelling skills.
A career in film is immensely fulfilling. It’s a tough field and one of the highest-paying jobs in the world.
The television and film industries have fueled an explosion in the film industry due to the rapid expansion of streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other OTT platforms. Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu if you have a creative mindset and aspire to work in the film and television industry to learn more about the admissions process and ways to make your goal of studying abroad a reality.