The bachelor in cinematography is a four-year program crafted for students who want to pursue higher education in the cinematography field. This specific program is designed in such a way that it would explore artistic creation among the students. The bachelor in cinematography will examine the technology and the craft of videography and cinematography to enhance the predictability and consistency to boost the experimental process of creating a moving image. The bachelor in cinematography course will allow students to communicate ideas, dramatic information, feelings, and moods through the production and making process of videos and films. In this article, we will discuss everything about the bachelors in cinematography.
|Courses||B.A in Cinematography|
|Maximum Duration||4 years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Levek and Merit-Based|
This Blog Includes:
- How Bachelor’s in Cinematography Course Will Prove Beneficial for You?
- Best Film Schools in the World
- Admission Process for Bachelor in Cinematography
- Best Colleges in India for Bachelors in Cinematography
- Career Scope After Completing Cinematography Course
How Bachelor’s in Cinematography Course Will Prove Beneficial for You?
If you’re planning to pursue a bachelors in cinematography course, you need to know some crucial aspects of the course. Here are the reasons why a bachelor in cinematography course will help you leverage some great benefits:
- When you choose this course, you will be able to know more about scene composition and aesthetics, creative writing, colour composition, and the methods through which the concept is integrated within the structure of your work.
- The degree can help students with the great demands of rapidly enhancing the media production industries as well as help them produce the core skills such as research, production, marketing, and professional practice.
- After successfully completing the course, students will be able to choose from numerous job fields. Due to job flexibility, students will face no problems bagging high-paying jobs.
- The graduates will be able to develop great careers as professional video production or visual communicator.
Also Read: Cinematography Courses
Best Film Schools in the World
If you plan to complete your bachelor in cinematography course from a foreign university, you need to make sure you’re choosing the best university. This way you can build your portfolio which will prove beneficial in your professional career.
Also Read: Cinematography Courses in India
|University Name||Country Name||Course Name||Fees|
|University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts||USA||BA in Cinema and Media||USD 42,000 (INR 34 Lakh)|
|American Film Institute||USA||Bachelor of Fine Arts in Writing for Screen and Television||USD 38,000 (INR 31 Lakh)|
|La Femis||Paris||Workshops in Documentary Filmmaking||EUR 15,000 (INR 13 Lakh)|
|Canador College||Canada||Bachelor in Digital Cinematography||CAD 27,000 (INR 17 Lakh)|
|Toronto Film School||Canada||Bachelor in Cinematography||CAD 16,000 (INR 10 Lakh)|
|London Film School||UK||Bachelor in Cinematography||GBP 14,000 (INR 14 Lakh)|
|DePaul University||USA||Bachelor in Cinematography||USD 36,000 (INR 30 Lakh )|
|Bournemouth University||UK||Bachelor in Cinematography||GBP 14,000 (INR 14 Lakh)|
|Aalto University||Finland||Bachelor in Cinematography||EUR 13,000 (INR 12 Lakh)|
|University of South Wales||UK||Bachelor in Cinematography||GBP 14,000 (INR 14 Lakh)|
Admission Process for Bachelor in Cinematography
This is one of the most important things you need to know about bachelors in cinematography. The admission process will play a crucial role in the overall success of your selection process. Depending on the university as well as the country, the admission process might differ.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in cinematography will also depend on the college you’re choosing. Here are some important things you need to know:
- Depending on your previous qualification, You can pursue UG, PG, and professional levels.
- You don’t need to worry about any foundation degree but if you have one, you will receive more preferences.
- If you have plans to pursue a UG degree in bachelors in cinematography, you need to pass the 12th standard examination.
- Apart from that, you also need to make sure you have at least 50% marks in the 12th examination.
- The students might have to take entrance exams.
Also Read: How to Become a Cinematographer?
This is another important aspect you need to keep in mind if you’re planning to pursue a bachelors in cinematography. Depending on the university, the application process might get overwhelming. This is where the professionals from Leverage Edu will help you. It’s important to complete the application process without any mistakes. Here are crucial things to consider:
- Call us and we will help you shortlist your universities. But you need to submit your application to multiple universities to broaden your chances of getting selected.
- Compile all essential documents. Try not to make mistakes while submitting the documents.
- Submit the application before the deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter
- Don’t forget to get your visa approved
The essential documents that you need to submit while planning to pursue your bachelors in cinematography are:
- Class 12th and 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Proof of DOB
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Bank statement
Best Colleges in India for Bachelors in Cinematography
If you want to complete your undergraduate education in cinematography from Indian college, here’s the list of the best Indian colleges you need to know:
|New Delhi YMCA||INR 1.2 Lakh|
|WWI Virtual Academy||INR 1.6 Lakh|
|MIT School of Film and Television||INR 8.6 Lakh|
|Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute||INR 1.8 LPA|
|CREO Valley||INR 1.7 Lakh|
Career Scope After Completing Cinematography Course
When you complete your education properly, you will be able to receive numerous chances to boost your overall career success. However, keep in mind that the university you choose as well as the courses will determine your salary.
The best employment areas for a bachelor in cinematography are:
- Content Writing
- Advertising Companies
- Music Bands
- Television and Film Production House
- Natural Photography
Best Jobs after Graduation
Here are the best jobs you can receive after completing your graduation from a reputed university:
- Cinema Programmers
- Customer Care Executive
- Camera Operator
- Lighting Specialist
- Deputy Manager
- Shift Manager
Salary in Country
|UK||GBP 24,000 (INR 24 Lakh)|
|USA||USD 98,000 (INR 80 Lakh)|
|Canada||CAD 76,000 (INR 46 Lakh)|
|Australia||AUD 57,000 (INR 32 Lakh)|
Ans. The bachelor in cinematography is undoubtedly one of the best courses you can choose as your higher education. The career is lucrative as you will receive numerous job offers.
Ans. There are some important skills that you need to become a successful cinematographer. The skills you need are strong technical skills, problem-solving skills, team management skills, and communication skills.
Ans. If you study hard, manage to receive great marks, and complete your education properly, you can bag high-paying job offers.
Since admission to top universities is highly competitive, you’ll need to submit an application that is immaculate in addition to having strong academics. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.