Bachelor of Foreign Trade is an undergraduate program focusing on foreign trade management. As the demand for experts in this is increasing many students are preferring to study this course. Bachelor of Foreign Trade is a course that equips students with a variety of trade aspects including foreign trade practices, the exchange of goods and services across borders and the movement of these services in foreign countries. And, if you wish to pursue a bachelor of foreign trade, continue reading this blog.
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility||10+2 qualification required|
|Mode of education||Regular/ Part-time|
|Skills||Communication, interpersonal skills, business and management skills|
|Avg. Fees||INR 4.5 Lakh – 6 Lakh|
|Avg. Salary||4.0 – 9.0 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Foreign Trade?
- Why Study Foreign Trade?
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade Syllabus
- Top Universities for Bachelor of Foreign Trade in India
- Top Universities for Bachelor of Foreign Trade Abroad
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to apply?
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade Career Scope
What is Foreign Trade?
Foreign trade refers to exchanging goods and services between countries in the international market. The basis of foreign trade is maintaining supply and demand between countries. Countries with the availability of raw materials or finished goods help those with the scarcity of either commodity. Foreign trade mostly happens between developed and developing countries.
Why Study Foreign Trade?
Here’s why you should consider studying foreign trade:
- Foreign trade assists countries in gaining access to foreign currency and increasing their reserves. This currency is necessary to pay for imports of goods and services
- Organizations and countries involved in the export/entrepot of goods and services create job opportunities through international trade
- It also contributes to a country’s Gross Domestic Product
- As globalisation is stretching, many countries will benefit from foreign trade and will help build better relations
- Large corporations, manufacturers, government agencies, financial institutions, and other organisations all over the world are constantly hiring professionals to carry out their foreign trade practices
Bachelor of Foreign Trade Syllabus
The syllabus for the course Bachelor of Foreign Trade could vary depending on the university. The following are the basic topics in the syllabus:
- India’s Foreign Trade
- Basic of Foreign Trade
- Export Logistics
- Elements of Export Marketing
- Global Business Environment
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
- Foreign Language
- Multinational Financial Management
- Computer Application in Foreign Trade
- Personality Development
- International Business Laws
- Exports Finance and Procedure
- Insurance and Risk Management in Foreign Trade
- Accounting for Managers
- EXIM Financing
- Organisational Behaviour
- International Marketing Management
Top Universities for Bachelor of Foreign Trade in India
The following are the top universities in India to pursue a Bachelor of Foreign Trade or related course:
- ISBM, Ahmedabad
- IIBM, Meerut
- XIBMS, Bangalore
- Amity University
Top Universities for Bachelor of Foreign Trade Abroad
The following are the top universities to study Bachelor of Foreign Trade:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023|
|Oxford Brooks University||438|
|University of Adelaide||109|
|University of Warwick||64|
|University of Aberdeen||220|
|University of Essex||465|
|University of South Australia||363|
|University of Sussex||240|
|University of Leeds||86|
The applicant must meet the following criteria to study Bachelor of Foreign Trade abroad:
- The applicant must have qualified 10+2 from a recognised board or equivalent.
- The minimum aggregate requirement may vary depending on the university.
- Some universities may require the applicant to appear in an entrance test. However, some universities will provide admissions based on merit.
- The candidate may be asked to submit their English Language Proficiency Test score, IELTS or TOEFL.
How to apply?
You can make the complicated admission process easy by reaching out to Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Here’s a list of the documents required for pursuing a Bachelor of Foreign Trade at any of the above-mentioned universities:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate for UK Universities
- Financial Evidence
Cost of Studying
The average cost of studying a Bachelor of Foreign Trade is between 4.5 Lakh – 6 Lakh in India and 18-28 Lakh per annum abroad. However, it could vary depending on the type and location of the university.
Bachelor of Foreign Trade Career Scope
The demand for foreign trade experts has increased manifold in the past decade, mostly because of globalisation. Foreign trade has become a part of the international economy. Professionals in this field are in demand and have abundant opportunities in various fields including banks and financial institutions, Trading companies, export houses, multinational corporations and international finance.
Job Profile and Salary
The following are the popular career path after pursuing a bachelor of foreign trade:
|Job Profile||Avg. Salary||In INR|
|Financial Analyst||$76,626||63.04 Lakh|
|Investment Analyst||$69,763||57.39 Lakh|
|Business Analyst||$80,771||66.45 Lakh|
|Tax Advisor||$115,000||94.61 Lakh|
|Operations Manager||$69,597||57.25 Lakh|
Foreign trade refers to exchanging goods and services between countries in the international market. Countries with the availability of raw materials or finished goods help those with the scarcity of either commodity.
As globalisation is stretching, many countries will benefit from foreign trade and will help build better relations promoting large corporations, manufacturers, government agencies, financial institutions, and other organisations all over the world that are constantly hiring professionals to carry out their foreign trade practices.
Professionals in this field are in demand and have abundant opportunities in various fields including banks and financial institutions, Trading companies, export houses, multinational corporations and international finance
Well, we hope that we have provided you with the relevant information on the Bachelor of Foreign Trade and if you wish to pursue this course or any other course abroad, feel free to contact Leverage Edu for total assistance or call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.