An Italy visa allows an individual to travel to any Schengen country and stay there for 90 days within six months. As Italy is a part of the Schengen area, therefore, the candidates can enter Italy with a Schengen visa as well. However, if the candidates are required to stay for more than 90 days then they must have a Italy National Visa. However, it depends on the candidate’s country of residence as not all countries require an Italy visa to enter. In this case, simply a passport and identification document will work. The following guide will focus on the Italy visa application process, application fees, processing time, etc.
|Italy Visa Fees
|Adults – EUR 80Children – EUR 40
|Italy Visa Validity
|Upto 90 days in case of short-term
|Italy Visa Processing Time
|At least 15 days
This Blog Includes:
Is Italy Visa Application Required to Visit Italy?
The candidates will have to apply for Italy visa in the following cases:
- The candidate is a national from a Schengen country
- EU/EEA national or a national from Switzerland
- Non-EU/EEA/Schengen national from another Schengen country who has been exempted from Schengen visas.
- A residence Permit holder or a visa holder from another Schengen country
Italy Visa Application Steps
Check below the steps to apply for an Italy visa:
- Firstly, it is important to identify the type of visa to be applied for
- Filled Italy visa application form
- Collect all the required documents
- Book an appointment for an interview
- Submit the Italy visa application form and attend the interview
- Pay the Italy visa application fees
- After the visa is processed the candidates will be issued an Italy visa
Requirements for Italy Visa Application
Check below the requirements for Italy visa application:
- Applications should be submitted online and a printed copy should be submitted at the visa office
- One colour photograph of size 5cms X 5cms with a white background should be submitted and applied online
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of applying
- Candidates are required to attach a copy of the latest passport with the visa application submitted
- Two blank pages should be there in the passport for a visa to be granted
- No handwritten passports or stamped extensions will be accepted
Italy Visa Application Processing Time
Check the table below to know the processing time of different types of Italy visas:
|Type of Visa
|15 working days or 90 days for Italy short-term study visa
|Study Visa- 90 days, work Visa- 90 – 120 days, family Reunion Visa- 30 days
Italy Visa Application Fees
Check below the fees required to be paid to apply for the visa application:
|Type of Visa
|Adult – EUR 80Children – EUR 60
|Study Visa- EUR 76Work Visa- EUR 116
Steps to Check Italy Visa Application Status
After applying the candidates can check the status of their application by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of VFS Global Italy
- Select the Embassy/Consulate
- Select “Track Your Application”
- Enter the date of birth and reference number
- Select the “Submit” button
Yes, all Indian passport holders are required to apply for an Italy visa to visit and stay in Italy.
Candidates can make the payment of application fees in online mode as per the type of visa.
Yes, travel insurance is mandatory for all foreign nationals, including Indian citizens to get an Italy visa as without this the visa will not be processed.
Hope that all the details about the Italy Visa Application have been made clear in the above guide. You can check all the details about the application process such as the steps, requirements, fees, processing time, etc. Interested in applying for a Visa and starting the study abroad journey then comment in the section given below, or connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and get a guide on your dream journey!