‘Wicked’ refers to actions, behaviours, or thoughts that are morally wrong or evil. It can also refer to a person who is intentionally harmful, cruel, or malevolent. The antonyms of ‘Wicked’ are virtuous, lousy, and righteous to mention a few. To know more about the antonyms of wicked with its several examples, continue reading the article below.
Meaning of Wicked
The term “wicked” is often used in religious contexts to describe actions or behaviours that go against the teachings of a particular faith. In some cultures, witches and other supernatural beings are often associated with wickedness and evil.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Antonyms of Wicked
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the ‘Wicked’ to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Wicked is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Wicked in a sentence:
- The kind-hearted woman spent her weekends volunteering at the homeless shelter, which was the opposite of wicked.
- The virtuous man refused to engage in any illegal activities, even when tempted by his friends.
- The righteous judge made sure that justice was served fairly and impartially.
- The ethical company refused to use child labour or exploit their workers in any way.
- The pure-hearted child always tried to do the right thing and help others whenever possible.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Wicked Antonyms Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Wicked’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Wicked with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.