A few common antonyms of “calm” are agitated, restless, chaotic, anxious etc. The word “calm” can be described as a state of easiness and comfort. To learn more about the antonyms of calm and its meaning, you can refer to the blog article below!
Meaning of Calm
“Calm” is an adjective that describes a state of peace, tranquillity, and serenity. When something or someone is calm, it means that there is a lack of disturbance, agitation, or turbulence. Calmness can refer to both external environments and internal emotional states.
15+ Antonyms of Calm
A few common antonyms of “calm” are listed below for your reference:
Usage with Examples
Here are some examples of antonyms of “calm” mentioned below for your reference.
- The agitated crowd protested loudly outside the government building.
- The airplane experienced turbulent conditions during the storm, causing some passengers to become frightened.
- After drinking too much coffee, she felt restless and couldn’t sit still.
- The scene in the city center was chaotic as protestors clashed with the police.
- Her hectic work schedule left her with little time for relaxation or leisure activities.
- She felt anxious about the upcoming job interview and couldn’t sleep the night before.
Antonyms of Calm Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for “Calm”:
- Right now
Also Read: Antonyms of Fear
This was all about the antonym of “calm” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.