The word repulsive can be used to describe something extremely disgusting. Some common antonyms of repulsive are attractive, tempting, alluring, lovely, adorable etc. Read the blog article below and uncover more about the word repulsive with its numerous antonyms usage with examples.
Meaning of Repulsive
The word repulsive means something extremely disgusting or unacceptable. The word is used to describe something which is physically unpleasant, such as rotting food. It can be also used to describe something that is morally or ethically repugnant such as cruelty or injustice.
Antonyms of Repulsive
The antonyms of “repulsive” are words that convey the opposite meaning, such as:
Must Read: Antonyms of Stare, Meaning and Examples
Usage with Examples
Antonyms of repulsive convey a sense of positivity and attraction, contrasting with the repulsive quality of something unappealing or off-putting. Check the examples listed below for your reference:
- The aroma of the freshly baked bread was so appealing that people couldn’t resist stopping by the bakery.
- The painting on the wall was so attractive that it caught the attention of everyone who entered the room.
- Her alluring smile and elegant dress made her the center of attention at the party.
- The small, charming cottage in the countryside was a perfect getaway for the weekend.
- The garden was filled with lovely flowers in a riot of colors.
- The pleasant weather made for a perfect day to go for a hike in the mountains.
Antonyms of Repulsive Quiz
Pick the correct antonym of repulsive from the options given below:
This was all about the antonym of “repulsive” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.