The word reality can be defined as the totality of all that is real or existent within the universe, as opposed to that which is only imaginary, nonexistent, or nonactual. Some common antonyms of the word are fantasy, illusion, dream, myth, falseness, imagination etc. Continue reading the blog article below to know more about the antonyms of reality, examples, quiz and much more!
Meaning of Reality
The meaning of reality is a complex and multifaceted concept that has been debated by philosophers and scientists for centuries. There is no single definition of reality that is universally accepted, but it is generally understood to refer to the state of things as they actually exist, independent of our individual perceptions or beliefs
Must Read: Antonyms of Dawn, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Reality
Here are 10 antonyms (opposites) of the word “reality”:
Also Read: 300+ Antonym
Usage with Examples
Here are sentences illustrating the usage of each antonym of “reality”:
- Fantasy: Her life seemed like a fantasy with its magical twists and turns.
- Illusion: The mirage in the desert created an illusion of a distant oasis.
- Fiction: The book was a work of fiction, transporting readers to imaginary realms.
- Dream: Winning the lottery was just a dream until it actually happened.
- Delusion: His belief in overnight success was a delusion; hard work was necessary.
- Unreality: The virtual world in the game felt like an unreality compared to the real world outside
Antonyms of Reality Quiz!
Pick the correct antonyms of reality from the options listed below:
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of reality with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.