The antonyms of ‘Earn’ are paid out, give, lose, and forfeit to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Earn’ is a verb that refers to the act of obtaining something, typically money, through one’s efforts, work, or services.
Meaning of Earn
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Earn, it refers to something, you receive it as a result of your labor, skill, or contribution. It is also symbolic of the fundamental aspect of the modern economy.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Earn
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Earn to expand your understanding of the word:
- Waste away
Usage with Examples
The word ‘Earn’ is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Earn in a sentence:
- Despite having a high-paying job, he managed to squander his income on frivolous purchases and luxuries.
- She invested poorly in the stock market and ended up losing a substantial portion of her inheritance.
- Instead of using his time wisely to learn new skills, he would waste hours on video games.
- They frittered away their small windfall on a series of extravagant vacations, leaving little for future needs.
- By constantly spending beyond their means, they burned through their savings and found themselves in financial distress.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Earn Antonyms Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Earn’ from the options given below:
Explore More Exciting Reads Below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Earn with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.