The antonyms of ‘Cheerful’ are sad, apathetic, depressed, and gloomy to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Cheerful’ refers to someone who is cheerful, they typically exhibit a positive and optimistic attitude, often expressing their happiness through smiles, laughter, or a generally upbeat demeanour.
Meaning of Cheerful
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of ‘Cheerful’, it is an adjective used to describe a state of being happy, joyful, or in good spirits.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Cheerful
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Cheerful to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Cheerful is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Cheerful in a sentence:
- Despite the festive decorations, her face remained melancholy throughout the holiday party.
- The gloomy weather cast a shadow over their weekend getaway at the beach.
- His sad eyes told a story of heartbreak and loss that words couldn’t capture.
- She couldn’t help but feel depressed after receiving the rejection letter from her dream university.
- The miserable conditions in the refugee camp made it difficult for the inhabitants to find any joy.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Cheerful Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Cheerful’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more Exciting Read Below:
This was all about the antonym of Miserable with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.