The antonyms for the word “bitter” are bland, sweet, pleasant, agreeable, mild and several others. These antonyms of the word bitter describe something that is tasteless and very bland. Whereas, the actual meaning of this word is having a sharp, pungent taste. To know more about the antonyms of bitter and meaning, continue reading the blog article below.
Meaning of Bitter
The word “bitter” has two meanings. The first meaning is that of taste where something has a sharp, unpleasant taste, like that of strong coffee. Another meaning is emotion. In this the person expresses severe grief or regret; very difficult to accept or bear.
Antonyms of Bitter
Here are some common antonyms of the word “bitter” which will be of use:
Usage with Examples
Here’s how this antonyms can be used in the following sentences:
- The sweet taste of the ripe mango was delicious.
- The bland food had no flavour.
- The mild breeze was refreshing on a hot day.
- The happy children were playing and laughing in the park.
- The gay partygoers were dancing and having a good time.
- The content cat curled up on the couch for a nap.
Antonyms of Bitter Quiz
Here is a quiz on antonyms with a few examples:
Fill in the blank with the correct antonym of the word bitter:
- The coffee was so bitter, it was almost undrinkable. (sweet/sour/salty)
- The bitter memories of her childhood haunted her. (pleasant/sad/unforgettable)
Answer: 1. Sweet
|Synonyms of Importance
|Synonyms of Brave
|Antonyms of Proud
|Antonyms of Hope
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter I
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter B
|Idioms for Learning
|Idioms for Experience
This was all about the “antonyms of bitter” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.