Adverbs of Quick: The word ‘quick’ means something is moving fast or a task is done in a short amount of time. When -ly is added to the word quick, it becomes ‘quickly’ making it an adverb. Some common synonyms of ‘quick’ are fast, rapid, swift, etc. To help you understand more about this adverb’s synonyms and examples, continue reading this blog.
What is the Type of Adverb for Quick?
The word ‘quick’ or ‘quickly’ means to give little or no delay. For example, He talks too quickly. The adverb of quick comes under the category of Adverbs of Manner.
To define it more, the word ‘quick’ denotes that a task has taken place at a fast speed. Another example of this word could be, ‘We quickly realized that we had a problem.’
9+ Synonyms of Adverb Quick
Here is the list of synonyms for the word ‘quick’ that can be used if you want to expand your vocabulary in English. Students looking for similar words which will help you improve your English grammar at the same time.
Explore More Blogs on Synonyms
|Synonyms of Attractive
|Synonyms of Humble
|Synonyms of Environment
|Synonyms of Easy
|Synonyms of Household
|Synonyms of Awkward
Picture for Adverb Quick
If you wish to keep the list of synonyms, you can download the picture given below and keep it for future reference.
Examples of Quick as Adverb
Let us understand the usage of the word ‘quick’ in sentences through these examples:
- She finished her work quickly, impressing everyone with her efficiency.
- The express train traveled quickly between cities, minimizing travel time for passengers.
- Time is of the essence, so it’s important to respond quickly to changing circumstances.
- Time passed quickly as they enjoyed each other’s company.
- The runner sprinted quickly towards the finish line, determined to win the race.
Adverb Quiz for Quick!
Check this small quiz to test your knowledge.
- What is the synonym for “quick” that means moving with great speed?
- Which word is the antonym of “quick”?
- What is the idiom that means to do something hastily without careful consideration?
a. Quick as a flash
b. Quick fix
c. Quick and dirty
d. Quick on the draw
Check Your Answers!
- Quick and Dirty
Check Other Blogs!
|Adverbs of Frequency
|Adverb of Time
|Adverb of Degree
This was all about the Adverb Quick, its meanings, and examples. Hope you understand the concept and where it’s used. You can also follow Leverage Edu for more exciting and informative blogs.