The adverb for nice is written as ‘Nicely’ and is suitable to describe an action performed with utmost care. To be more specific, it hints toward the efforts behind a task that makes it pleasant, agreeable, or satisfactory.
Surprisingly, the word ‘nice’, in its early days was symbolic of foolishness and simplicity. But, over time, its meaning took a turn and evolved into notions of being pleasant and agreeable.
What is the Type of Adverb for Nice?
By now, you must have learnt about the different types of adverbs. If yes, then you can figure out that the adjective nice falls under the category of Adverb of Manner. After all, whenever you rate the quality of action as nice, you are specifying how the work has been performed, i.e., the manner of that certain event.
For Example:- The buffet was presented nicely to the foreign delegates.
Do Check Out the Types of Adverbs Here!
15 Synonyms for Nicely Adverb
Just in case you are bored of using nicely as a token of appreciation in almost every sentence; you can help yourself with these synonyms of nicely and expand your vocabulary in English:
Explore more exciting synonyms below!
|Synonyms of Attractive
|Synonyms of Humble
|Synonyms of Environment
|Synonyms of Easy
|Synonyms of Household
|Synonyms of Awkward
Picture for Adverb of Nice
You can also download and keep a copy of these adverbial synonyms with yourself for future usage.
Examples of Nicely Adverb
Let’s take a look at the following example sentences to master the usage of adverbs beautifully and in a sentence:
- She greeted her guests warmly and seated them nicely in the elegantly decorated living room.
- The chef plated the dish nicely with a touch of garnish for a visually appealing presentation.
- The children played together nicely, sharing toys and taking turns without any conflicts.
- The music flowed nicely through the room.
- He handled the challenging situation nicely, maintaining his composure and finding a diplomatic solution.
Nicely Adverb Quiz
Now that you are confident with the usage of nicely, take the following quiz to test your knowledge.
- She spoke ______________, expressing her thoughts in a pleasing manner.
- The waiter served the meal ______________, arranging the dishes with care.
- A. Pleasantly
- C. Nicely
Explore more reads on Adverbs below!
|Adverbs of Frequency
|Adverb of Time
|Adverb of Degree
|Adjective vs. Adverb
|Adverb of Time
This was all about the Adverb for Nice, its meanings and examples. Hope you understand the concept and where it’s used. You can also follow Leverage Edu for more exciting and informative blogs.