If you are currently in the field of finance or even pursuing any courses like CA then Xero Advisor Certification will undoubtedly be an extremely valuable credential for you, especially accountants or bookkeepers. Xero is a cloud-based accounting software and Financial professionals who work with small businesses can manage their finances securely and more efficiently. With Xero’s accounting software, you can easily commit to providing excellent service to your clients. In today’s blog, we will give you a detailed insight related to Xero Advisor Certification, its benefits, cost, tests, and how to become Xero certified advisor, so stay tuned and continue reading.
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Becoming a Xero Certified Advisor
Although we have mentioned the benefits and use case of Xero Certification earlier, here are some key benefits related to Xero Advisor Certification:
- You will learn and gain extensive knowledge and skills to use the Xero cloud-based accounting software effectively
- You will get a competitive edge in your workplace
- This will help you to stay updated with the technology and hence future-proofing your accounting career
- This skill can even attract new clients and can even demonstrate your expertise to a potential employer
- Getting a hold of Xero certification can also increase your earning potential like better salary packages
Also Read- Diploma in Financial Accounting
Topics in Xero Certification
Here are some of the essential topics that are covered under the Xero Certification program:
How to Become a Xero Certified Advisor? A Step-by-Step Guide
To achieve Xero advisor certification you can simply follow these easy steps:
Step 1- Sign up for a Xero Account by heading over to the official website of Xero Central, this will help in accessing and downloading your certification once you have completed this program
Step 2- Click on the learning tab and under certifications, click on “Xero Advisor Certification”
Step 3- You can check out the live classrooms and webinars by logging into Xero Learning also you can check your learning history by clicking on “My learning History”
Step 4- You can enrol yourself in any course by clicking on Webinar or Classroom and then clicking on the title
Step 5- Take a short overview of the program and click on “Enroll” to enrol yourself in an event
Step 6- Now you need to attend the live classes or webinars depending on which course you have enrolled yourself in which will usually cover topics like setting up clients or managing bank accounts etc, and prepare yourself for the exam
Step 7– Once you complete the lectures and you feel confident enough you can apply for the exam which is called “Fast Paced Assessment”. This online exam will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions which needed to be attended within 2 hours and it is compulsory to attend all the questions.
Step 8 – After you successfully crack the exam you will be greeted with a certificate which you can download from your Xero Account.
- This certification will be valid for 2 years
- The passing mark is 85% for getting the certificate
- To maintain this Xero Advisor Certification you need to complete your ongoing education (if any), and complete quarterly updates.
- The certificate expires on 12th December every year so you need to download and maintain your certificate before this specified time
- You can only attempt this exam once if you don’t pass it on your first try then don’t worry you will need to complete the full course to be eligible for another attempt
Eligibility for Xero Certified Course
Here are the basic eligibility criteria which you need to meet for enrolling yourself in a Xero Advisor Certification program:
- You need to have a proper educational background. Example: MBA, CA, or any equivalent degree in the field of finance, accounting, or economics
- The certificate needs to be from a recognized University or College
- It is also required to have prior work experience with clients in regard to handling financial matters
- There is no specified age for this program
- You need to have a valid email id and mobile number and it should be your personal one, as this is required while signing in to your Xero Account
- You must have a good understanding of accounting principles and practices
Cost Associated to be Xero Certification
The fees for registering for the Zero Advisor Certification exam are INR 1500 + GST. Candidates can pay this fee using a credit card or through net banking according to their liking. It is essential to note that this fee is non-refundable under any circumstances, and candidates will not receive a refund if they fail to appear for the exam. Additionally, if a candidate wishes to reschedule their exam date after submitting their registration form, they must pay an additional INR 1000 + GST fee.
Additionally, different organizations provide different types of training and certification, and it typically ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000. The cost of the exam varies depending on the provider, but it typically ranges from INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 and it’s a one-time payment. It also includes other unspecified costs like a Xero subscription fee, a practice management system, and marketing materials.
Also Read- How to Become a Cost Accountant?
Different types of Xero Certifications Online
Here are some top organizations providing Xero Advisor Certification which will help you to be Xero Certified:
- Xero Accounting Software Bank Feeds by Skillshare
- Managing Security in Xero by Xero Central
- Xero Advisor Certification by Xero
- Bookkeeping and Accounting in 1 hour by Udemy
- Zero Advisor Certification by the National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM)
There is no specific time at which you will get the Xero Advisor Certification it can take a few days or a few months which totally depends on the pace of your learning.
The Xero Advisor Certification is extremely important because:
This will help you to gain the trust of your clients
This will help to use the accounting software efficiently
Reduced human errors while accounting, resulting in more accurate results
As Xero is a cloud-based accounting and its unique and helpful features Xero Accounting is gaining major popularity and this can also be the right time to get a Xero Advisor Certification.
This was everything related to How to Become Zero Advisor Certified. If you wish to learn more about other emerging career options out there in India and for more amazing blogs you can always stay updated by following Leverage Edu Blogs You can also follow and connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.