Managing the financial aspects of the business, as well as life, can be challenging. With the business sector booming, the monetary aspect too has witnessed growth. Thus, to oversee and gain a better perspective of the financial markets, a Financial Economics course was introduced. In this blog, we will discuss the important details pertaining to the course, the universities offering these programs, and the career prospects.
The novelist Idowu Koyenikan has rightly said:
“When money realizes that it is in good hands, it wants to stay and multiply in those hands”.
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue Financial Economics?
Here is rundown of the reasons to pursue this course:
- Building a career in Financial Economics is beneficial as the global balance of economics, finance and business is fast-paced and shifts every day with newer opportunities presenting themselves.
- The curriculum of these courses encompasses theoretical concepts with practical learning. As a result of this, the students are equipped with the necessary business and financial skills which help them tackle different kinds of challenges surrounding the industry.
- A career in this field also provides the graduates with a platform to not only build a strong professional network but also help them work on an array of issues.
- Graduating with a degree in this field opens door to a number of carer opportunities with lucrative salaries. Risk Management, Investment Banking, Stochastic Models, Financial Regulations, Banking Supervision, Economics of Insurance, and Empirical Methods in Finance are some of the major subjects covered in these courses.
Financial Economics: Courses And Universities
With the increase in demand for Financial Economics graduates, many universities across the world have started offering courses at bachelor’s and master’s levels in this field. These programs are structured to provide the necessary knowledge as well as different specializations to train in. Here is a list of some of the most popular degree programs and the educational institutes providing programs in this field:
|University of London||BSc (Hons) in Financial Economics|
|University of Leicester||BSc Financial Economics and Econometrics|
|BSc in Financial Economics|
|Durham University, UK||MSc in Finance (Economics and Finance)|
|University of Nottingham, UK||MSc in Economics and Financial Economics,
MSc in Economics of Monetary and Financial Policy
|Birmingham Business School,
University of Birmingham
|MSc in Financial Economics|
|HEC Paris School of Management||MSc in Managerial and Financial Economics|
|Singapore Management University||MSc in Financial Economics (MSFE)|
|University of Saint Andrews||MA (Hons) in Financial Economics|
With the rising demand for professionals, there is an array of employment areas for Financial Economics graduates. Some of these have been collated below:
- Commercial Banking: In comparison to others, this sector hires a number of Financial Economics graduates. The primary responsibility of the graduates is to provide financial advisory services.
- Investment Banking: Investment banks work in various areas as compared to commercial banks. Apart from providing financial advisory services, these professionals perform other duties like underwriting issues of bonds and stocks, etc.
- Financial Advising: These individuals are responsible for devising retirement and investment plans for their clients.
The curriculum of a Financial Economics course imparts in-depth knowledge in many areas and also equips the students with relevant business-related skills. As a result of this, many industries hire graduates in various roles. Given below are some of the most suitable job profiles for a graduate in this field:
- Capital Market Analyst
- Analyst- Research and Financial Communication, Strategic Partnerships
- Risk Management Analyst
- Economic and Investment Strategy Advisor
- Financial Market and Treasury Analyst
- Corporate Sales Analyst
Below mentioned is the salary of a person in earning in India as per Glassdoor:
Thus, a career in Financial Economics is highly prosperous. If you want to kick-start your career in this field but are not sure about how to get started with it then the experts at Leverage Edu can lend you a helping hand. Not only will the mentors help you select the university but they will also assist you in completing the admission formalities. You can schedule a 30 minutes free career counselling session with our counsellors. Hurry up, book your slot now!