Founded by Dr K P Gopalkrishna (chairman of the school) in the year 2000, The International School Bangalore is quite a popular school in Bangalore as it offers quality-driven education. Its education model takes a modern approach to academics and life while also incorporating traditional values. The curriculum of the school is based on the IGCSE and IB Boards
which also entails extracurricular activities to ensure the holistic development of the students. This helps in preparing the students as global citizens and makes them seek international exposure and succeed in life.
If you are a parent seeking admission to The International School Bangalore then this blog will provide you with a one-stop solution with all the important information related to this school. Keep reading further to know more!
|School Name||The International School Bangalore|
|Board||IGCSE and IB|
|Classes||Primary to Class 12th|
|Facilities||Art Studios, Transportation, Cafeteria, Medical Care, Gym, Amphitheatre, Convention Centre, etc.|
|Location||NAFL Valley along Whitefield-Sarjapur Road|
Spread across 140 acres of land, the campus area of the International School Bangalore is located in the Whitefield area of Bangalore, The Garden City. The infrastructure of the school includes small and main auditoriums which can be used for various purposes. To ensure holistic development The International School Bangalore has various sports infrastructures in place like tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, a swimming pool, an athletics track and a cricket pitch. The campus also has a boys and girls international house.
A quarter of students at the International School Bangalore belong to the boarding community. To accommodate boarding students there are three boarding houses provided to students which are being taken care of by experienced staff. The boarding students can take advantage of everything the school has to offer. After the school timings are over, there are various activities and clubs that the boarding students can engage in.
Also Read: Top 10 International Schools in India
Parents who are seeking admission for their children at The International School Bangalore need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly they need to fill out the Enquiry Form available on the official website of the school. After this, a member of the school’s admission team will FS) contact them.
- All through the year, there are several open mornings conducted at the school for parents who want to apply for their child’s admission. There they are given the opportunity to get the essence of the school from close and have a conversation with staff members and clear all of their doubts.
- In order to move forward with the admission process, the parents or the applicants need to submit the following things to the admissions department of the school – Application form, Copy of Passport, Previous 2 years’ school reports (including the current one), and Registration fee.
- After an applicant/parents submit the application form and fees, the student seeking admission at the school will be required to sit for an Online Entrance Assessment.
- Students who successfully clear this assessment will be invited for an interview over Skype after which there will be a decision made on their application.
- Students who will be selected will be notified within 2 to 3 weeks of their sitting for the entrance assessment.
- Students who will receive the admission offer letter need to confirm their acceptance within 2 weeks of receiving it and need to pay the fees as mentioned in the invoice.
Must Read: Grading System in India
The student needs to fulfil certain entry requirements in order to get applicable for admission at The International School Bangalore. The table below represents the eligibility criteria for every class:
|Pre-KG to Lower Grade 1||No Entrance Assessment An informal interview with the Deputy Principals of primary years.|
|Upper Grade 1 to Grade 5||Entrance Assessment in English and Mathematics.An informal interview with the Deputy Principals of primary years.|
|Grade 6 to Grade 8||Entrance Assessment in English, Mathematics and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Successful applicants in the assessment will have an interview.|
|Grade 9||Entrance Assessment in English, Mathematics, Science and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Successful applicants in the assessment will have an interview.|
|Grade 11||Entrance Assessment in English, Mathematics, any two Sciences and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Successful applicants in the assessment will have an interview.|
A. Following are some of the schools in Bangalore that offer affordable education:
21k School ( ₹30,000 – ₹50,000 per year)
Romasha International School ( ₹30,000 – ₹50,000 per year)
Godwin Academy ( ₹20,000 – ₹30,000 per year)
Vidya Samskruthi ( ₹20,000 – ₹30,000 per year)
A. Greenwood High International School has been placed at a top rank in Bangalore & Karnataka.
A. It depends upon parents’ future aspirations for their child – if they want to send their child abroad for higher education in the future then sending the child to an International school is a better option. On the other hand, if the child would be studying in India and want to sit for competitive exams then CBSE school is a good choice.
We hope you liked this blog, where we covered important information related to the International School Bangalore. To read more informative blogs like this keep following Leverage Edu!