Essay on Neeraj Chopra: In India, sports is not just a game; indeed, it is a celebration. Neeraj Chopra, an Indian track and field athlete, is the best example of sportsmanship. His historic win in the javelin throw at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 is another Red Letter Day, where the sportsperson won the gold medal and brought pride to the nation.
The win of Neeraj Chopra was celebrated all over the country. It sparked the citizens with joy and enthusiasm. Neeraj Chopra´s first-ever Olympic medal in athletics was a long wait for India, it inspired a new generation to pursue excellence in sports. The celebration of this moment belongs to individuals as well as to the nation as a collective win for the entire country.
This Blog Includes:
Journey to an Athletic Career
Neeraj Chopra a pride of Indian athletics, was born on December 24, 1997, in the small village of Khandra, Panipat, Haryana. His father, Satish Kumar, is a farmer, and his mother is a homemaker.
Neeraj developed an early love and interest in the javelin throw at the age of 11. After getting inspired by Jai Choudhary, who was representing Haryana in 40 meters at the state level, Neeraj tried his hand at the javelin throw as a freshman and impressed the state-level player.
He later joined the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula and took formal training under the guidance of coach Naseem Ahmad.
Neerja Chopra´s discipline, dedication, and efforts towards his game showed immense results, and in his early career in javelin throw, he won a gold medal at the 2016 IAAF Word U20 Championship in Bydgoszcz, Poland. This victory not only showcased his potential but also helped him to begin his journey as a dedicated and serious contender in the world of athletics.
In the following year, in 2017, Neeraj Chopra again created history by becoming the first Indian to win a gold medal in an 88.17-metre throw at the World Athletics Championships held in Budapest, Hungary. This international achievement brought Neeraj into the spotlight on international grounds and hinted to the world about his promising career.
Neeraj´s journey was successfully developing, but he remained grounded and continued to strive for excellence. Working on setbacks and treating periods of injury towards his commitment showed immense love for his track and field at the Olympics, which further solidified his place in the history of Indian sports.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics were the climax of Neeraj´s career. He created history by winning a gold medal in the event of 87.58 meters and setting a new national record with his remarkable throw. The historic moment made him the first Indian to win a gold medal in the javelin.
Master the art of essay writing with our blog on How to Write an Essay in English.
List of Key Achievements
Neeraj Chopra’s career history has a list of achievements that showcase his extraordinary skill in the Javelin throw and inspire his status as one of the excellent athletes of India. Some of his key achievements are:
|Name of Event
|Asian Championships, Wuhan China
|South Asian Games, Guwahati India
Asian U20 Championship, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
World U20 Championships, Bydgoszcz
|Commonwealth GamesAsian Games, Gulf Coast, Australis
Asian Games, Jakarta, Indonesia
|Olympic Games, Tokyo, Japan
|World Championships, Budapest, Hungary
|Asian Games, Hangzhou, China
World Championships, Budapest, Hungary
Recognition and Honors
Neeraj Chopra has set a series of remarkable achievements, including his exceptional skill in the javelin throw and his eminence as one of the most honored Indian sports players. To celebrate his successful and extraordinary journey, apart from many awards and honors, some of the national medals among them are:
|Name of Award and Year
|Type of Award
|Padma Shri Award (2019)
|National Civilian Honors of India
|Arjun Award (2018)
|Prestigious Honor for Outstanding Achievements in Sports
|Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2018)
|India´s Highest Honor in Sports
The impact of Neeraj Chopra´s wholeheartedness has extended not only to the national level but also to the international platform. His success is a source of pride and patriotism for students, learners, and all those who want to accomplish their goals without focusing on the hurdles. His positive mindset and sportsmanship will encourage the students to approach challenges with grace and with an optimistic approach.
Also Read: Essay on Football: A Comprehensive History
10 Lines on Neeraj Chopra in English
Let us share the essay on Neeraj Chopra in some short and simple lines:
1. Neeraj Chopra was born on 24 December 1997 in the small village of Khandra, Panipat, Haryana.
2. He met his coach Naseem Ahmad at The Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Pachkula. This place served as a stage where he learned all the necessary skills for javelin throw.
3. With lots of hard work and determination, Neeraj Chopra wrote history by winning the first gold medal in the year 2016 at the South Asian Games, Guwahati India.
4. In the next years, the success of Neeraj Chopra was not limited to the national borders. He participated in the prestigious Diamond League and competed against the best athletes in the world.
5. In 2017, Neeraj Chopra created history by becoming the first Indian to win a gold medal in an 88.17m throw at the World Athletics Championships held in Budapest, Hungary.
6. The Tokyo Olympics held in the year 2021 is marked as an immense success for Neeraj Chopra´s sports history. The medal won the first-ever medal in Olympic athletics for India.
7. The list of key medals won by Neeraj Chopra in the sports includes Asian Games (2016), World Junior Athletics Championships (2017), Commonwealth Games (2018), Olympic Games (2021), World Championships (2022), and Asian Games (2023.)
8. Numerous international achievements helped capture Neeraj into the spotlight on international grounds and hinted to the world about his promising and dedicated career.
9. Neeraj Chopra also won many prestigious awards for his extraordinary achievements in the sport of javelin. Among many some list of national awards including the Padma Shri Award (2019), the Arjun Award (2018), and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2018.)
10. The sports journey of Neeraj Chopra, resonates with the dreams and aspirations of young minds and helps in inspiring them on the ground of hard work and determination.
Also Read: Top 10 Sports Scholarships in India
Ans: Neeraj Chopra, the pride of Indian athletics, was born on December 24, 1997, in the small village of Khandra, Panipat, Haryana. His father, Satish Kumar, is a farmer, and his mother is a homemaker.
Neeraj developed an early love and interest in the javelin throw at the age of 11 after getting inspired by Jai Choudhary, who was representing Haryana in 40 metres at the state level. Neeraj tried his hand at the javelin throw as a freshman, and his technique impressed the state-level player. He was encouraged to continue his natural spirit towards the sports.
Ans: Neeraj Chopra is famous for his persistent and keen-to-learn attitude towards Javelin.
Ans: The journey of Neeraj Chopra begins from a small village of Khandra, Panipat, Haryana. Further, under the training and practice of Naseem Ahmad at The Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula, he became a world recordist in various sports at the national as well as international levels.
Ans: Neeraj Chopra was inspired by Jai Choudhary, who was representing Haryana in 40 meters at the state level.
Ans: Neeraj Chopra started his career with utmost continuous dedication and hard work in a stadium named The Tau Devi Lal Stadium.