How to Get Original Degree Certificate from IGNOU: IGNOU is all set to conduct its 37th convocation of the University which will be held in January/February 2024. With this coming lakhs of students from all over India from Indira Gandhi National Open University also known as IGNOU will be graduating. For all those unaware, IGNOU is an open university that provides students with a range of graduate and postgraduate courses.
In this blog, we will talk about how you can get an original degree certificate from IGNOU. We will also talk about online convocation certificates, certificate eligibility and much more
This Blog Includes:
IGNOU Degree Certificate
As we know, IGNOU is an open university which offers students a range of courses both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. At the end of the term, the student gets a degree certificate. For all those who don’t know, this degree certificate is valid by the government and universities abroad.
IGNOU Degree Certificate Eligibility
Well, before getting your IGNOU degree certificate, it is very important to note the criteria on which the student will be awarded the same.
- All those students who have completed their program in December 2022 or have it in June 2023 are eligible to receive the certificate.
- In order to get the certificate, the student will have to visit their regional centre from where they belong.
Also Read: Is IGNOU degree valid?
How to Get Original Degree Certificate from IGNOU?
Getting an original degree certificate from IGNOU is very easy. Each and every student will get their IGNOU degree degree after the convocation.
Check out all the steps as to how to get original degree certificate from IGNOU:
- To begin with, the candidate must make sure that they have completed their entire program and are eligible for the degree. Every student, upon completing their degree receives a provisional degree certificate and a marksheet. These documents are delivered to them at their home one month after their graduation.
- The student must keep an eye on the official IGNOU website for the announcement of the convocation. Once this happens, they will have to register for the same.
- Next, the student will have to pay a prescribed convocation fee as mentioned on the IGNOU website.
- Once all the above-mentioned steps are done, the student will then receive information about the convocation ceremony, the date, time, and venue.
- Often there can be a chance that the student is not able to attend the convocation ceremony. For this, they can always apply for the degree online or get it by post.
What is IDDMS?
IGNOU recently came up with a portal for online registration for degree delivery. IDDMS has been developed for all those students who haven’t received their original certificates.
How to Register on this Portal?
In order to register for this portal, the student will have to go through the following steps.
- Visit the official website, i.e. https://onlineservices.ignou.ac.in/idms/login.aspx of the portal and log in to the page.
- Next, you will reach the page where you will be required to select the programme for which you want certification.
- On the next page you will on “New Student Registration” to get your registration first.
- Upon registering yourself, you will have to provide your enrollment number and other details to get yourself registered.
- After registration, re-login by entering your required details.
- Lastly, the student will be required to upload their documents like the IGNOU ID card, and grade card in JPG format which should not be more than 100 KB.
How to Apply For IGNOU Convocation Online? | Convocation Certificate
Attending convocation is mandatory as the student receives their degree. However, if they are unable to for some reason. Then, below are all the steps as to how you can apply for the online certificate.
- The students will have to register themselves below for “On-line Registration for 37th Convocation“.
- Only those eligible will be able to register themselves for the Degree/Diploma/ Certificate and pay the prescribed fee through an Online mode.
PhD/ MPhil/ Master Degree/Bachelor Degree/ PG Diploma/ Diploma programmes = INR 600/-
PG Certificate/ Certificate programmes = INR. 200/-
- The student can pay for the same Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)/ Net banking of any bank
- Lastly, the candidate should make sure that pay the acknowledgement slip. If they do not receive it then make sure they wait for 48 hours.
Yes, the certificate from IGNOU is valid. It is recognised by all universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
It takes around 40 days for the marksheet to be dispatched from the regional centre. However, this number is not fixed as it may vary from place to place.
Yes, IGNOU does provide its students with migration certificates. A migration certificate is useful when the student wishes to leave one university and join another.
This was all about “How to get original degree certificate from IGNOU?”. We hope this blog provided you with all the information you needed about how to get hold of an IGNOU degree. For more informative blogs, check out our Indian Exams page. Stay tuned to Leverage Edu for information on exams, scholarships, jobs, and universities.