NIT Hamirpur, one of India’s thirty-one NITs, was established on August 7, 1986. It originated as a Regional Engineering College, a collaborative endeavour between the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
In its nascent stage, the institute offered just two departments: Civil and Electrical Engineering, admitting 30 students each. In 2002, it was granted the status of a Deemed University and subsequently upgraded to a National Institute of Technology. National Institute of Technology Hamirpur operates as an institute of national importance committed to education and research.
|Alternatively known as||NITH, National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|Number of courses||30-plus courses with 13 departments|
|Scholarships||Available based on merit and need|
|NIT Hamirpur Campus size||320 acres|
This Blog Includes:
📒Courses Offered at NIT Hamirpur
NIT Hamirpur offers an array of courses including-
- MBA/PGDM (Master of Business Administration / Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
- M.E./M.Tech (Master of Engineering / Master of Technology)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- M.Arch (Master of Architecture)
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)
📌How to Get Admission in NIT Hamirpur
A generic admission procedure to get into the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) is as follows, please note that the steps may vary based on your chosen course-
- Meeting Eligibility Criteria: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by NIT Hamirpur for your desired course.
- Application Process: Candidates are required to complete online application forms, providing details of their educational qualifications, entrance exam scores, and, in some cases, proof that they will be taking a specified entrance exam, along with other required information. The application process typically includes the payment of an application fee.
- Entrance Exams: Most NITs admit students based on national-level entrance exams. Ensure that you have your entrance exam scores/ results ready with you before the counselling or seat allotment process.
- Counselling and Seat Allotment: After the entrance exam results are published, NITs often conduct centralized counselling processes. Based on candidates’ preferences and merit, seats are allotted for various courses.
- Seat Confirmation: This process usually involves document verification and course fee payment.
📌Eligibility Criteria for NIT Hamirpur
We have already discussed a general procedure that is followed by NITs to admit students, let’s delve more into specific course eligibility requirements-
|Course Name||Eligibility criteria|
|B.E. / B.Tech (11 courses)||10+2 with a minimum of 75%, JEE Main|
|MBA/PGDM (1 course)||Graduation with a minimum of 60%, CAT/MAT/XAT or equivalent MBA entrance exam|
|M.E./M.Tech (20 courses)||10+2 with a minimum of 75% and Graduation with a minimum of 60%, GATE or equivalent PG entrance exam|
|M.Sc. (3 courses)||Graduation with a minimum of 60%, Relevant PG entrance exam|
|B.Arch (1 course)||10+2 with a minimum of 50% NATA or JEE Paper-2 (Architectural Aptitude Test)|
|M.Arch (1 course)||Graduation with a minimum of 60%, GATE (Architecture) or equivalent PG entrance exam|
|Ph.D. (2 courses)||Specific exam requirements|
💸NIT Hamirpur Fees
Take a look at the following table to know the fees of most courses at NIT Hamirpur-
|B.Tech||INR 1.8 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|MBA||INR 1.24 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Tech||INR 1.24 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Sc||INR 68,700 (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Arch||INR 1.24 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Arch||INR 1.8 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||INR 1.8 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|Click Here to know about other compulsory and non-compulsory fee charges you’ll be expected to pay. Such as hostel charges, application, admission and all other fees.|
💼 Placement at NIT Hamirpur
The placement procedure at NIT Hamirpur is a well-structured process that helps students connect with potential employers and secure job opportunities. Here are the key steps in the placement procedure:
- NIT Hamirpur invites various companies to participate in the placement drives. This includes organizing a schedule for company visits to the campus.
- Interested companies register for the placement process and share the required details and documents with the institute.
- NIT Hamirpur shares the database of students who meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in placements with the registered companies.
- Companies review the student profiles and shortlist candidates based on their specific requirements and job roles.
- Shortlisted companies visit NIT Hamirpur for recruitment drives. These drives usually include a list of components- Introductory Presentations by Company Executives, Online Exams or Paper-Pen Tests, Group Discussions and Final Interviews.
Placement Record for the Session 2022-23
Here is a table that provides insights into the placement record at NIT Hamirpur for the session 2022-23:
|Branch||Placement Procedure||Max CTC (in lakhs)|
|Computer Science & Engineering||79.28||173|
|Dual Degree Computer Science & Engg.||80.36||37|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||77.14||42|
|Dual Degree Electronics & Comm. Engg.||73.58||20|
|Material Science & Engineering||87.50||9.20|
NIT Hamirpur accepts scholarships offered on the National, state or organizational level. Check out the following links to know more-
|National Scholarship Portal link||Click Here|
|Detail of Scholarship processed through NSP/Other State Portals/Online and offline mode (Session 2023-24)||Click Here|
Also Read: NIT Exam Form 2023 (Out): Apply Now!
Whether NIT Hamirpur is considered a “Tier 1” college depends on the specific criteria and the context in which the term “Tier 1” is used. Overall, it’s a Tier 2 college.
Whether NIT Hamirpur is worth joining depends on your individual goals, interests, and the specific branch of engineering or other programs they offer.
The best package or highest salary offered at NIT Hamirpur can vary from year to year and by discipline. However, for the year 2022, the highest package offered was 52 lakhs.
|How to Prepare for the NIT entrance exam?||Choosing the Best NIT in India|
|Top 10 JEE Main Coaching Institutes in India||How to Get into NIT|
|NIT BTech Fees 2023||NIRF Engineering Ranking 2023|
This was all about the NIT Hamirpur. For more such informative blogs, check out our Indian University page.