The Shiv Nadar University Management Aptitude Test (SMAT) 2023, conducted by Shiv Nadar University, is soon to be inviting applicants for their 2-year MBA courses. It would be an online examination, offering the applicants an opportunity to take admissions at Shiv Nadar University and add a Master’s qualification to their skill set. The University is also welcoming students who have scored merit in CAT / NMAT/ XAT / CMAT/ Valid GMAT for admissions. For more details relevant to SMAT 2023 dates, and examination criteria, follow the article through the end.
|Examination||Shiv Nadar University Management Aptitude Test 2023|
|Short Form||SMAT 2023|
|Conducting Body||Shiv Nadar University|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Release of Application||April 2023 (Tentative)|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline Both|
|Application Fees||1200 INR|
|Exam Date||July,1st week, 2023 (Tentative)|
This Blog Includes:
SMAT 2023 Latest Updates
The candidates desiring to complete their MBA from Shiv Nadar University, need to be aware that the university would be moving forward with the admission process by shortlisting the applications. Those who have merit scores in CAT / NMAT/ XAT / CMAT/ Valid GMAT can also apply for the selection process. While the exam is due to take place a few months from now, applicants are suggested to follow these important updates while preparing for the SMAT 2023.
|Particulars||SMAT 2023 Exam Dates|
|Release of Application||April, 2nd week, 2023 (Tentative)|
|Application Deadline||May, 1st week, 2023|
|Application Fees||1200 INR|
|Essay Submission Deadline||May, 2nd week, 2023 (Tentative)|
|Release of Admit Card||May, 4th week, 2023|
|SMAT Exam Date||July 1st week, 2023 (Tentative)|
|Exam Duration||1 hour and 30 minutes|
It is important to note that the university is going to release the applications for SMAT 2023 very soon on the official SMAT website. Hence, students applying for the MBA course at Shiv Nadar University should not miss a single update related to the examination.
Must Read: NMIMS LAT 2023 Preparation Tips
SMAT 2023 Application Process
Once you have understood the SMAT examination format and eligibility, make sure to fill out the SMAT 2023 registration form before the deadline. The university is yet to release the application form for their MBA courses. Therefore, it is suggested that keep a tab on all the notifications related to the SMAT very closely and follow these simple steps to complete your application process.
- Visit the official website of Shiv Nadar University and click on the registration link for the SMAT 2023.
- Then, register yourself as a new user with a valid email address and contact number.
- The website will send a newly generated PID number to your registered email. The candidates would need to keep the PID for accessing their applications.
- Next comes filling out the SMAT application form with all the required information like educational qualifications, personal details, and documents.
- After providing all the necessary details, the candidate will be asked whether they want to appear for the entrance examination or a direct interview.
- The candidates are advised to choose carefully before making the payment and submitting the form.
The process of application is a very important step for aspiring candidates. Therefore, the candidate should crosscheck all the information before applying, as the university does not allow the candidate to edit any information after submission.
SMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Every year, Shiv Nadar University invites SMAT applicants who want to enrol in the 2-year MBA Programme from their University. While the University stands high amongst the Top MBA Colleges of India, they are applying the given eligibility criteria to shortlist the increasing number of applicants for their annually conducted Management Aptitude Test. The candidates meeting all the below-mentioned criteria can confidently apply for the SMAT 2023:
- Any graduate, who holds a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution, can apply for the Shiv Nadar University’s SMAT 2023.
- The minimum qualifying mark for the Shiv Nadar’s Management Aptitude Test is 50% or a comparable CGPA.
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also sit in the examination after submitting their previous semester’s mark sheet.
- There is a relaxation of directly appearing for the interview round to the students who have scored more than 65% in CAT/ NMAT/ XAT/ CMAT or Valid GMAT.
If a candidate can meet these prerequisites of the university, then he or she is eligible to take up the SMAT 2023 and choose their desired college on the Shiv Nadir campuses.
SMAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus prescribed by Shiv Nadar University for their SMAT generally includes three sections comprising, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Aptitude, and Verbal and Reading Comprehension. Therefore, it becomes important that the candidate go through the previous year’s SMAT papers and practice their question-answering speed as much as they can.
SMAT Section-wise Syllabus
There would be 60 questions, carrying 2 marks each in the examination. Candidates can follow the section-wise syllabus for SMAT 2023 given below to strengthen their preparations:
Data Interpretation and Reasoning
SMAT 2023 Best Preparation Books
If you are all geared up to start your preparations for the SMAT 2023, then make sure to have a good preparation strategy to strengthen your weaker area of the syllabus. Candidates can also prefer the following preparation guidebooks to ace the entrance examination:
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- R S Aggarwal’s How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT
- Arun Sharma’s Reading Comprehension for CAT
- High School Grammar by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
- R S Aggarwal’s A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Wren & Martin’s Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Although there is plenty of content available to mug up, candidates should find their weaker subject and divide the preparation time for the SMAT accordingly.
SMAT 2023 Selection Process
The SMAT conducting body of Shiv Nadar University will be selecting candidates for their 2-year MBA Programme in 2 stages. While in one stage, the candidates can directly take admission for their Global MBA course by showing their CAT, GMAT, NMAT, or any other equivalent scorecard, reflecting at least 65% marks. The other way is going through their SMAT examination and then appearing for an interview round to apply for their Global MBA Programme.
The short form SMAT stands for the Shiv Nadar Management Aptitude Test. It is a management entrance test conducted annually by Shiv Nadar University to invite applications for their MBA Programme.
Yes, you can skip the examination and directly appear for the shortlisting round by showing your CAT/ NMAT/ XAT/ CMAT or Valid GMAT mark sheet.
The application fee for SMAT 2023 is 1200 INR. Candidates need to pay the application fee by the online medium. They can use a credit card, debit card or UPI for payment.
Whatever, you choose as your method of selection in Shiv Nadar University, it is evident that the candidate applying for the SMAT 2023 are required to pay closer attention to all the exam-relevant notifications and concerned topics. For time-to-time updates related to the SMAT 2023, you can scroll through the website of Leverage EDU. Also, you can visit the Indian exams section specially designed for government exams. Follow us on the LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter handles of Leverage Edu.