OTET Application Process usually commences in October every year and the Application Forms are made available on the official website of the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. All the candidates with the required academic and teacher training qualifications with the perfect eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
The OTET Exam is conducted for the recruitment of teachers of class 1 to class 8 in various schools in Odisha. To avoid any miscommunication of important information and timely submission of the application forms, candidates must possess the required information regarding the OTET Application Process.
|Exam name||Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education, Odisha|
|Medium of Exam||English, Odiya|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam duration||Paper I: 2.5 hours, Paper II: 2.5 hours|
|Total Questions||Paper I: 150, Paper II: 150|
This Blog Includes:
Dates for OTET Application Process
The candidates can only apply for the Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test within the given time frame set by the conducting body. No applications are accepted after the due date or time are accepted and the application link is also closed by the authorities.
The dates for the OTET Application Process 2023 are not yet released but the tentative dates for the same are mentioned in the table below.
|Event||Date (2023)||Date (2022)|
|Date of Notification||First week of October||07 October 2022|
|Application Process Begins||Second week of October||10 October 2022|
|Application Deadline||Third week of October||19 October 2022|
Also Read: OTET Exam Pattern 2023: Paper-I & Paper-II
Important Instructions for the OTET Application Process
The BSE releases some important instructions along with the application process and eligibility for the exam. The candidates can look into these details before filling out the application form for the OTET Exam. Some of the instructions are as follows:
- The deposit of the application fee should be completed by 11:45 of the application deadline.
- The registration link is open 24X7 within the given dates of registration and application for the OTET Exam.
- The candidates should check the Eligibility, Applicability and Instructions carefully before filling out the application process.
- A single email ID and mobile number can be used for registration for both papers.
- The candidates can recheck their information by clicking on the information sheet and editing it by logging back again.
- No changes to the application form will be allowed once the final submission has been made. Any changes in fields like correction of subject, paper, name, date of birth, caste and more will not be entertained.
- The candidates appearing for Paper I and Paper II separately will be required to fill out the application forms separately.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
OTET Application Process
To successfully apply for the OTET Exam the candidates must follow the steps mentioned below and complete the process with complete documentation and authentic information in time.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the direct link for OTET Application 2023.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ option if not registered already.
- A new page will open. One must enter their name, create a password, re-enter the password, Mobile Number and e-mail ID in the respective space.
- Click ‘Submit’ to proceed.
- The candidate will again be redirected to the login page.
- They have to Login using their registered mobile number and password.
- Enter the OTP for confirmation of login details sent on the registered contact and email ID and click ‘Verify’.
- The application form will open. Fill in all the required fields.
- After filling in the details one has to click on ‘Information Sheet’. Check all the details entered and edit if necessary.
- Take a print of the Information Sheet.
- Upload all the documents, certificates and photographs in the correct format.
- Click on the ‘Payment and Declaration’ option.
- Use the Payment gateway to make the application fee payment.
- Download the ‘Acknowledgement Receipt’ for the processed payment.
- Click on ‘Final Submit’ option for successful submission of OTET Application Form.
The application deadline for the OTET Exam is going to be in the second or third week of October. The application window is open for approximately 10 days for the candidates to conveniently fill out the application form.
The documents required for the OTET Application are proof of educational qualifications, certificates and photographs.
The candidates can apply for the OTET Exam online on the official website of the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
In this blog, we have discussed the application process pertaining to the OTET exam. We hope candidates planning to give this exam this year find this information useful and helpful to the process.
For more such updates, check out our Indian exams page and do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.