The Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE) is a state-level entrance examination which is conducted by Veer Madho Singh Bhandari Uttarakhand Technical University every year to enrol candidates into the first year of MCA, B. Pharma & BHMCT, M. Tech, MBA and second year of B. Tech, MCA, and B. Pharma courses.
Interested candidates can apply online on the official website of Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University, i.e. https://uktech.ac.in/en.
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam (UKSEE)|
|Conducting Body||Veer Madho Singh Bhandari Uttarakhand Technical University|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Papers||9|
|Application Fee||General and OBC: INR 1500SC/ ST: INR 750|
|Exam Duration||Paper I + Paper II/Paper III: 2 hours
Paper IV to IX: 2 hours each
This Blog Includes:
All the important dates about the UKSEE 2023 are mentioned in the table below.
|Release of Notification||June 1st week 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||June 4th week 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||July 1st week 2023|
|Exam Date||July 3rd week 2023|
|Result Declaration||August 2023|
|Start of Counselling||To be announced|
UKSEE 2023 Application Process
The Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University will release the notification for UKSEE 2023. Candidates who are interested and fulfil all the eligibility criteria can apply on the link mentioned above. The steps given below will guide you in completing your UKSEE 2023 application process.
- The application form is to be filled out online on the website of Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University.
- On the university website, candidates have to register themselves before applying for the UKSEE 2023.
- After the registration is complete, candidates can log in on the university website by entering their username and password.
- After login, under the notification section, click on ‘UKSEE 2023’.
- Start your application process and enter all the required information.
- Scan and upload your documents, passport-size photo, and signature.
- Pay the application fee online.
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates is INR 1500 and for candidates belonging to SC and ST category is INR 750.
UKSEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
While applying for UKSEE 2023, candidates should be aware of all the eligibility criteria required for the exam. The eligibility criteria for the exam vary depending on the course the candidate wants to pursue.
Here is a course-wise detail about the eligibility criteria for UKSEE 2023.
|B.Tech (lateral entry)||Candidates must have completed their diploma from an AICTE-approved institution in a branch of engineering/ technology with at least 45% marks.
Candidates must have completed a B.Sc degree with a minimum score of 45% and passed 10+2 class with mathematics as one of the subjects (40% for candidates belonging to reserved category)
|MCA (lateral entry)||Candidates must have completed their BCA and BSc (IT & Computer Science) with Maths as core subjects at 10+2 level.|
|MCA||Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree and a 10+2 certificate with mathematics as one of the subjects.|
|B.Pharma (lateral entry)||Candidates must have completed their diploma or equivalent with at least 60% marks along with Pharmacy-Allopathy of 2 years after 10+2|
|B.Pharma||Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with physics and chemistry along with mathematics/ biology/ biotechnology.|
|BHMCT||Candidates must have passed their 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks.|
Aspirants applying for the UKSEE 2023 must be domiciled in Uttarakhand. Aspirants who have passed or appeared in the qualifying exam from any other state of India, but are domiciled in Uttarakhand can also apply.
UKSEE 2023 Syllabus
The UKSEE 2023 exam syllabus includes a number of subjects and topics. All UKSEE 2023 Papers I to IX, will have different syllabi.
Here is a section-wise division of all the papers and the courses they belong to.
- Paper I (Physics & Chemistry)
Paper I includes topics from both Physics and Chemistry. The level of questions in this paper will be equivalent to the 11th and 12th standards.
The topics from both these subjects are mentioned below.
- Laws of Motion
- Power, Work, and Energy
- Modern Physics
- Linear Momentum & Collision
- Oscillatory Motion
- Matter- Solid, Liquid, & Gas
- Types of Chemical Bonding
- Carbon & its Compounds
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Acid, Basis, & Salts
- Atomic Mass of Elements
- Metals and Non-Metals
- Atomic Structure
- Paper II (Mathematics)
In the UKSEE 2023 Paper II, questions will be asked from mathematics.
Here are all the important topics from which questions can be asked in the exam.
- Number System
- Binomial Theorem
- HCF & LCM
- Mixture & Allegation
- Profit & Loss
- Compound Interest
- Simple Interest
- Paper III (Biology)
In this exam, questions will be asked from biology. Candidates interested in Biotechnology & B.Pharma have to give more focus to topics from this subject.
The topics which will be asked in UKSEE 2023 Paper III are
- Diversity in Living Organisms
- Cells and Unit of Life
- Plant Tissue
- Animal Tissue
- Study of the Human Body
- Study of Plant Body
- Asexual Reproduction
- Sexual Reproduction
- Types of Natural Cycles
- Growth & Movement
- Study of Heart
- Paper IV (General Awareness Aptitude Test BHMCT)
Here is a table showing all the topics included in above mentioned subjects.
|Aptitude||English||General Knowledge||Mental Reasoning|
Profit & Loss
Antonyms & Synonyms
Geography and Heritage Places
Authors & Books
Sports & Awards
|Odd One Out
Number SeriesAlphabet Series
- Paper V (Aptitude Test for MCA)
MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application. This paper will be conducted for those students applying for the 1st year MCA course. In this paper, questions will be asked on topics of mathematics. All the topics are mentioned below.
- Proft & Loss
- Logical Ability
- Coordinate Geometry
- Paper VI (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders)
Candidates who have completed their diploma and want to apply for UKSEE 2023, will be given direct admission in engineering in 2nd year. The syllabus for Aptitude Test will include the following topics.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Elements of Computer Science
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Basic workshop practice and Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of diploma level.
- Paper VII (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy)
This paper will be conducted for students who have completed their diploma in Pharmacy and want admission to UKSEE 2023. Candidates who have done Diploma in Pharmacy will be given direct admission in 2nd year BPharma lateral entry.
The syllabus under this paper will include the following subjects.
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry II
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Paper VIII (Aptitude Test for BSc Graduates)
The syllabus for this section will include subjects like
- Differential Equations
- Transform Theory
- Complex Variables
- Fourier Series
- Z-form and its Applications
- Paper IX (MCA lateral entry)
This paper will be conducted for candidates who are interested in taking admission to MCA lateral entry. The syllabus for this paper is s follows.
- Computer Science
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Fundamentals of Computer Network
Also Read: NTA Exams 2023
UKSEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The written exam of UKSEE 2023 will be an Objective-type paper, where candidates have to submit their answers in the OMR sheet. Aspirants applying for UKSEE 2023 can check the tables given below to know all about the UKSEE 2023 exam pattern.
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Number of Papers||9|
|Exam Duration||Paper I + Paper II / Paper III – 2 hours
Paper IV to Paper IX – 2 hours each
|Question Paper Type||Objective-type questions|
|Total Marks||Paper I to III – 50 marks each
Paper IV to IX – 100 marks each
|Number of Questions||Paper I to Paper III- 50 questions each
Paper IV to IX- 100 questions each
The table below shows details about subjects and weightage-wise division of the UKSEE exam paper.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||Physics & Chemistry||50||50|
|Paper IV||Aptitude Test for General AwarenessBHMCT||100||100|
|Paper V||Aptitude Test for MCA||100||100|
|Paper VI||Aptitude Test for Diploma (engineering holders for lateral entry)||100||100|
|Paper VII||Aptitude Test for Pharmacy||100||100|
|Paper VIII||Aptitude test for BSc Graduates (lateral entry)||100||100|
|Paper IX||Aptitude Test for MCA (lateral entry)||100||100|
UKSEE 2023 Preparation Tips
While preparing for the UKSEE 2023 exam, candidates have to cover all the subjects and topics included in the exam. Here are some of the preparation tips that will help candidates to score better marks in the exam.
- Prepare a realistic and disciplined timetable for the exam.
- Make sure your timetable includes all the subjects and topics which will be asked in the exam.
- Focus on your weak points and make notes of all of the topics which you find weak.
- Daily read newspapers and magazines as this will improve your reading and vocabulary skills.
- Moreover, newspapers and magazines will provide you with a lot of general and current affairs information which can be asked in the exam.
- Do revision daily and make sure your revision includes all the topics that you have studied throughout your preparation time.
- Days before the exam, give mocks and try to solve as much as previous years’ papers.
- By solving mocks and previous years’ papers, you will get an idea about how the actual exam will going to be.
Here are some books which will help candidates in their exam preparation.
|Subjects||Books & Authors|
|English||General English by SC Gupta|
|Mathematics||Arithmetic; Subjective & Objective by RS Aggarwal|
|Physics||Pathfinder by Arihant|
|Chemistry||Pathfinder by Arihant|
|Biology||Pathfinder by Arihant|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge by Lucent’s|
UKSEE 2023 Cut-Off
The cut-off for Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam 2023 will depend on various factors like the number of seats available, the number of candidates who have appeared in the written exam, the difficulty level of the exam and the previous year’s cutoff reference.
Only those candidates who will clear the cut-off marks will be given admission to Uttarakhand Technical University.
After the written exam, Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University will release the cut-off for the year 2023.
UKSEE 2023 Admit card
Candidates who have successfully filled out their UKSEE 2023 application form can download the exam admit card from the official website of Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University. The admit card will be released by Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University days before the exam date. The admit card contains important information like exam date and venue, candidate’s details, etc.
To download UKSEE 2023 admit card, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Uttarakhand Technical University website.
- Check the notification section and click on ‘UKSEE 2023 Admit Card’.
- Enter your registration number and password to log in on the university website.
- Click on ‘Download Admit card’.
- A new tab will open displaying your UKSEE 2023 admit card.
- Check all the details on admit card carefully to make sure that there is no mistake.
- Download and take a printout of it.
Candidates have to bring their respective admit cards with them while appearing for the exam.
No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card.
Candidates belonging to the General and OBC categories will have to pay INR 1000 and those from SC / ST categories will have to pay INR 750 as an application fee for the exam.
UKSEE is a state-level entrance exam for those candidates who want to take admission in Veer Madho Bhandari Technical University.
No, only the candidates who are domiciled in Uttarakhand are eligible to apply. Aspirants who have passed or appeared in the qualifying exam from any other state of India, but are domiciled in Uttarakhand can also apply.
UKSEE 2023 is organised by Veer Madho Singh Bhandari Uttarakhand Technical University every year.
Candidates who are interested and who possess all the eligibility criteria can apply on the university’s official website by following the steps given above in the application form section.
For more information about the examination and recruitment process, check LeverageEdu.