All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2023 is the exam conducted for admission into Postgraduate Law Courses, The exam pattern includes details about the topics included in the exam, exam duration, marking scheme, exam language, etc. Candidates who have successfully applied for the AILET PG exam on the official website of the National Law University of Delhi will appear for the exam on the scheduled dates.
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||National Law University of Delhi|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for correct answer-0.25 for each wrong answer|
|Application Fees||INR 3500 for General Category INR 1500 for SC, ST & PWD Category|
This Blog Includes:
AILET PG Exam Pattern 2023
The table below highlights all the details regarding the Exam pattern of the All India Law Entrance Test Post Graduate (AILET PG) 2023.
|Sections||Parts||No. of Questions||Marks||Question Type|
|Section A||Part 1: English Language||25||25||MCQs|
|Part 2: Legal Reasoning||25||50||MCQs|
|Section B||Candidates must answer 2 questions out of 8 given||2||75||Descriptive|
Marking Scheme and Weightage
Here is all the important information regarding the marking and weightage of the AILET PG 2023 exam.
- The AILET PG 2023 written exam will be conducted online mode.
- Each correct answer will be given 1 mark and a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect response.
- A physical OMR sheet will be given to the candidates to mark their answers.
- The total marks in the exam will be 150.
- Candidates will get 90 minutes to complete the entire exam.
- For candidates belonging to Person With Disabilities (PWD) category, extra time will be given by the organising body.
AILET PG Syllabus – Important Topics
Candidates preparing for the AILET PG 2023 written exam, should know about all the topics from which questions can be asked in the exam. Below are some of the most asked topics in the AILET PG exam.
- Public International Law
- Company Law
- Tax Law
- Environmental Law
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- Constitutional Law
- Jurisprudence- Theory and Philosophy of Law
- Administrative Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
AILET PG 2023 Preparation Books
Below are some of the books mentioned according to the topics included in the AILET Pg exam.
|Topics||Name of Books|
|Public International Law||S.K Verma’s An Introduction to Public International Law|
|Tax Law||Kanga and Palkhivala’s The Law & Practice of Income Tax|
|Environmental Law||Shibani Gosh’s Indian Environmental Law|
|Criminal Law||Ratanlas & Dhirajlal’s The Code of Criminal Procedure|
|Property Law||Property Law by Poonam Pradhan Saxena|
|Company Law||B.K Goyal’s Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||The Constitution of India by P.M Bakshi|
|Jurisprudence||Introduction to Jurisprudence by Avatar Singh and Harpreet Kaur|
AILET PG Preparation Tips
AILET is one of the best law entrance exams for law students. Therefore, students should prepare for AILET PG 2023 with dedication. The steps below will help the students to prepare for the AILET PG Exam. The preparation tips are as follows:
- Make a study timetable and try to follow a routine.
- Read the syllabus and exam pattern carefully and prepare a subject-wise study plan to maximise your study output.
- Read a newspaper daily to be up to date with current affairs.
- Make notes while you are studying and revise them on a regular basis.
- Try to complete your syllabus 2 months before the entrance exam.
- Solve sample papers and AILET mock tests to give extra time to the AILET preparation.
The written exam of AILET PG 2023 will contain 52 questions. Out of these 52, 50 questions will be MCQs and 2 will be descriptive-type questions.
The National Law University of Delhi has declared in its official notification that for the year 2023, a total of 80 seats are to be filled.
Candidates applying for the AILET 2023 will have to pay an application fee of INR 3500. The application fee must be paid online through a credit card/ debit card/ net banking.