Karnataka PGCET Reservation: Candidates undertaking the Karnataka PGCET Exam must remember that the reservation for the said exam is applicable solely to those who hail from the state of Karnataka. Individuals aspiring to get admission into MBA/MCA/M.Arch./ M.Tech. courses in the state of Karnataka are encouraged to apply for the Karnataka PGCET exam.
In essence, candidates originating from the state of Karnataka are deemed eligible to avail of the benefits of Karnataka PGCET Reservation. Read the article to know more about the reservation criteria, requirements and more.
|Full Form||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Conducted By||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Type of Exam||Post-Graduate|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: KCET Exam
Karnataka PGCET 2023: Seat Reservation
70% of seats for any regional institution are reserved for students hailing from the locality of the region. Refer to the following pointers to go through the details pertaining to the reservation of seats.
- Students hailing from the state of Karnataka and other regions, including Gulbarga, Bidar, Raichur, Yadgir, Koppal and Bellary will be deemed eligible for the reservation of seats.
- Students who wish to reap the benefits of reservation must be able to meet the eligibility criteria and procure their credentials that are verified by the state’s Assistant Commissioner.
- Candidates who meet the Karnataka PGCET Eligibility criteria can reserve their seats.
- Candidates who are non-Karnataka residents will not be able to avail the benefits of PGCET Seat Reservation.
- Candidates with higher chances of getting their seats reserved will not be able to avail of the benefits of reservation if they are unable to book their slots on time due to unavailability. That being said, the seat will then be allotted to someone belonging to the General Merit category.
Special Category Reservation for Karnataka PGCET 2023
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Reservation policies are applicable for candidates belonging to certain categories. The Ex-Defense Category is one such unique category that is considered eligible for PGCET Reservation.
Ex-Defense Special Category
Candidates whose parents have served the nation as Ex-Servicemen are eligible for the Karnataka PGCET reservation. Such candidates must procure their residence certification in order to reserve their seats.
- It should be noted that the certificate of residence must be authorised by the candidate’s district’s Joint Director/Deputy Director.
- Individuals who are unable to procure the requisite documentation will not be permitted seat allocation.
- Children whose parents served in the armed forces but are physically incapacitated or have been killed qualify for such a reservation.
- Candidates intending to pursue M.E., M.Arch. and M.Tech. courses in the state of Karnataka are not eligible for such a reservation.
Physically Disabled Special Category
Three per cent of seats are reserved for physically disadvantaged candidates in the state of Karnataka under the reservation policy. Read the following pointers to get an elaborate understanding of the reservation requisites and policies for this category.
- Individuals intending to benefit from such a reservation scheme are mandated to sit for their medical evaluation.
- One can only take advantage of the benefits of this reservation programme after passing the medical examination conducted by a designated committee.
- Physically disadvantaged candidates are required to procure their medical certification that states the candidate’s disability.
- Individuals who have difficulty in hearing must undertake a BSER (Brain Stem Evoked Response) Audiometry exam from any reputed hospital in the state of Karnataka.
- Physically disadvantaged individuals are not regarded as entitled to seek a seat if they have less than 40% impairment.
- Those who are unable to appear for their medical examination will not allow seat allotment.
Karnataka PGCET: Reservation for Karnataka Candidates
Candidates hailing from the state of Karnataka can avail the benefits of the PGCET Reservation programme. The reservation programme is intended for individuals belonging to the marginalised sections of society such as SC, ST and OBC.
- Students must be able to procure a caste certificate to be eligible for the reservation scheme.
- Candidates from the SC or ST category who come from families with annual incomes under INR 2.5 lakhs are excused from paying the tuition fees.
- However, individuals belonging to the other backward classes apart from the ones stated above are required to pay their tuition fees to the designated authorities.
- In such cases, students may avail the benefits of reservation by registering for loans offered by the Backward Class Department.
- Candidates are required to submit their income certificates for the evaluation of their eligibility.
Karnataka PGCET Reservations are made for individuals who belong to the scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribe (ST) and other backward classes (OBC). Apart from that, those belonging to the citizen categories of 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B are also eligible for reservations.
Individuals should be holding a three-year Bachelor’s Degree from any reputed institution.
They should have qualified for their graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (general category) and 45% ( SC/ST Category).
Yes, a PGCET Rank of 10,000 to 15,000 is deemed decent to get admission into some of the most reputed MBA colleges in Karnataka.
Partaking in the Karnataka PGCET exam can be instrumental for those who wish to pursue higher education in the state of Karnataka. That being said, aspirants must keep in mind that seat reservations for the said exam are designated for candidates solely belonging to the state of Karnataka. For more information, you may check our Indian Universities page.