State Eligibility Test for Jammu and Kashmir, or JK SET, is the most common name. The exam is administered each year to identify individuals who are qualified for the position of assistant professor. The University of Jammu published the JK SET 2023 Notification on April 24, 2023. Candidates who want to know JK SET exam-related information must visit the University of Jammu’s official website. Interested candidates can find all the related FAQs for the interested test takers and gather all the required information right away!
|Exam Name||JK SET|
|Full Name||Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||University of Jammu|
|Exam Fees||INR 1000 General Category
INR 800 for OBC-NCL/RBA ALC-IB/ WUP/ PSP/ EWS General
INR 600 SC/ST/Transgender
|Exam Duration||180 minutes/3 hours|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1 and Paper 2|
JK SET FAQs: Eligibility Criteria
To take admission to the program, interested test takers can find all the information regarding the JK SET eligibility criteria given below.
The eligibility criteria for the JK SET (Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test) examination are as follows:
(1) Candidates must have a Master’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university, with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories).
(2) There is no upper age limit to apply for the JK SET examination.
(3) Candidates must be Indian citizens.
Yes, there are relaxations in the eligibility criteria for reserved categories in the JK SET examination.
(1) Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories are eligible with a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate marks required.
(2) They need to score a minimum of 50% marks in their Master’s degree or its equivalent.
A3: Candidates who possess a Master’s degree or its equivalent with the required percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the JK SET examination.
Also Read: JKSET Previous Year Cut-off
JK SET FAQs: Application Process
Mentioned below are the JK SET FAQs related to the application process.
To apply for the JK SET (Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test) examination, you need to follow the steps briefly mentioned below:
(1) Visit the official website designated for the JK SET examination.
(2) Look for the application form link and register yourself by providing the required details.
(3) You will receive a unique registration ID and password.
(4) Log in using the registration ID and password.
(5) Fill out the application form with the necessary details.
(6) Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
(7) Pay the application fee through the available online payment options, such as credit/debit cards, net banking, or other designated payment modes.
(8) Submit the form online.
(9) Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
No, once you have submitted the JK SET application form, you generally cannot make changes to it. However, it is advisable to carefully go through the official notification provided by the conducting authority to know if there is any provision for correction or modification of the application form after submission.
A3: There is no need to send a hard copy of the JK SET application form to the conducting authority. The application process is completed online, and submission of the form through the official website is considered sufficient.
Exam Pattern FAQs
Here are some common JK SET FAQs about the exam pattern
The JK SET (Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test) examination consists of two papers: Paper-I and Paper II. Paper 1 entails 50 questions for 100 marks and Paper II consists of 100 questions for 200 marks in total.
No, there is no negative marking in the JK SET examination. Candidates can answer the questions.
We hope the above information regarding the JK SET examination is useful for test takers or interested candidates. For more such updates about the JK SET 2023 exam stay tuned to our Indian exams page of Leverage Edu.