Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JoSAA) will begin the JEE Main seat allotment process after the declaration of JEE Main result.JoSAA will release the seat allotment result on its official website. Applicants who have cracked JEE Main 2023 will be called for the counselling process and seats will be allotted to them. In this blog, we will talk about the JEE Main seat allotment and other relevant details.
|Name of the Exam||JEE Main Exam|
|Papers and Total marks||Paper 1: BE/BTech– 300 marks
Paper 2: BArch– 400 marks
Paper 3: B.Planning-400 marks
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes for BArch/BPlan/BTech
210 minutes for BArch/BPlan both
240 minutes for PwD candidates
|Scoring Pattern||Correct answer: 4 marks
Incorrect answer: 1 mark
|Number of Questions||BE/BTech- 90
Pen and paper-based test (for drawing section in BArch)
This Blog Includes:
JEE Main Seat Allotment Process
Candidates must complete the JoSAA registration process and choice-filling process to be considered for JEE Main seat allotment. After each round of JEE Main seat allotment, the candidate has to either accept the admission or apply for the next round. A candidate can choose from the following options during the JEE Main seat assignment procedure:
- Freeze: If a candidate chooses this option the admission will be confirmed for the given seat. The candidates have to pay the fees and their documents will be verified. Candidates can not apply for further rounds of seat allotment.
- Float: The candidate can select this option if he/she wants to save this seat and also apply for the subsequent rounds. The applicant has to pay the seat acceptance fee, the seat will not be cancelled until the candidate gets or accepts a better seat allotment in other rounds.
- Slide: Candidates can select the option if they are looking for a better seat in the same institution. They have to pay the seat acceptance fee and wait for a better course in the respective institute.
- Withdraw: If the candidate had accepted the seat allotted to them, they can withdraw the seat by informing the institute before the final seat allotment round
JEE Main Seat Allotment Dates
The JoSAA has not yet released the seat allotment dates. However, the seat allotment is conducted in different rounds as you can check in the table below.
|JEE Main exam dates||Session 1: 24, 25, 28, 29,30, 31 January and 1st February 2023
Session 2: 06, 08,10,11,12 April 2023
|JEE Main counselling registration||19 June 2023|
|JoSAA Mock Allocation First||To be announced|
|JoSAA Mock Allocation Second||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round One||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round One)||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round Two||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round Two)||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round Third||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round Third)||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round Fourth||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round Fourth)||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round Five||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round Five)||To be announced|
|JoSAA Seat Allotment Round Sixth||To be announced|
|Acceptance of seat allotment(Round Sixth)||To be announced|
How to Check JEE Main Seat Allotment?
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has not yet announced the JEE Main seat allotment dates. Registered candidates can check the seat allotment on the official website of JoSAA. We have mentioned the steps to access the JEE Main seat allotment.
- Candidates can visit the official website of JoSAA and click on the JEE Main seat allotment 2023.
- A new page will open, and candidates, have to log in using their JEE Main application number and password.
- The JEE Main seat allotment result will be displayed.
JEE Main Seat Allotment Fee Details
After the candidates have been allotted the seats, they have to verify their documents at the institute allocated and submit the fee. The fee details for JEE Main are as follows:
|Other category Candidates||INR 45,000|
Also Read: How to Prepare for JEE Mains 2023?
Candidates have to verify their original documents after they have been allotted the seat. The allotted institution will verify the candidate’s documents. The required documents for JEE seat allotment are as follows.
- JoSAA issued JEE Main seat allotment letter
- Fee payment for JEE Main seat acceptance proof
- JEE Main admit card
- Identification proof
- JEE Main scorecard
- Class 12th mak sheet
- Caste category certificate(if applicable)
- Three photos (passport sized)
JEE Main Seat Matrix
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority has not released the seats available at IITs, IIITs, NITs and GFTIs for JEE Main 2023 exam. The total number of seats allotted is as follows:
|Institute||No. of Seats|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||13,583|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||4,713|
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)||21,133|
|Government-Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)||5806|
Yes, candidates can select the float option. In this candidate has to pay the seat acceptance fee and can find a better seat at further rounds.
The total number of seats available in IITs for JEE Main seat allocation is 13,583. Students can register for the JEE Main seat allocation process before the deadline.
For more information about examinations and education content, feel free to visit the webpage of Indian Exams, and do not forget to check our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.