National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the application form for JEE Mains Session 2. Candidates can apply for Phase 2 of the exam before the deadline of 12 March 2023. The JEE Main application is filled out online only. The JEE Main exam 2023 will be conducted in two shifts ie. morning and evening. Let us look at the application process for the JEE Main exam.
|Name of the Exam||JEE Main Exam|
|Papers and Total marks||Paper 1: BE/BTech– 300 marks
Paper 2: BArch– 400 marks
Paper 3: B.Planning-400 marks
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes for BArch/BPlan/BTech
210 minutes for BArch/BPlan both
240 minutes for PwD candidates
|Scoring Pattern||Correct answer: 4 marks
Incorrect answer: 1 mark
|Number of Questions||BE/BTech- 90BArch-82BPlanning-105|
Pen and paper-based test (for drawing section in BArch)
This Blog Includes:
JEE Main Application form Date
The JEE Main exam is conducted in two phases. The first phase was held in the month of January. The application form for the second phase
|Session||Date of Exam||Application form Dates||Correction Window|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 1||24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31 January & 1st February 2023||15 December 2022 to 12 January 2023||13th and 14th January 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2||6th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th April 2023||14 February to 12 March 2023||To be notified|
Also read: JEE Mains 2023
How to Apply for JEE Main Exam?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the JEE Main exam:
Step 1: Registration
- Students can visit the official website of JEE Main exam.
- Register as New User by clicking on the “New Registration” tab.
- Accept the terms and conditions and save the page for future use.
- A new page will open, Now add details like the candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, email address, Nationality, Identification Number and type.
- After entering the details, click on submit button.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
After the candidates are registered new page will open. Here, students have to add their personal and academic details. The candidates need to add the following information.
- Mother’s and Father’s Name/Guardian Name.
- Occupation, Income of the parents/Guardian.
- Language of the exam.
- Exam the candidate is applying for.
- Mode of Examination.
- Aadhar card number
- Year of Passing, Board, Marks, percentage and Roll Number
- Candidate’s category(General, OBC, SC, ST)
- Place of Residence
- Married Status
Step 3: Uploading Documents
In the third step, candidates have to scan all the required documents and upload scanned copies of these documents. After uploading all the documents candidates can preview and check all the details in the JEE Main application form. Students must fill out the form carefully and make sure that no incorrect information is added to the application form.
The required documents to be attached to the application form are given below
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s Photograph and signature.
- Scanned copy of the academic transcripts.
- Scanned Caste certificate(if applicable).
- Identification proof scanned copy.
Information about the Photograph and Signature.
Candidates must keep in mind some important guidelines before uploading the photograph and signature:
- The applicant’s name and date of birth should be printed on the photo.
- The photo should be coloured or black and white with contrast.
- Sunglasses are not permitted in the photograph.
- Polaroids photograph are also not allowed.
- The signature must be done on a plain white sheet.
- If the photos are unclear they will be rejected.
- The photo and signature must be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the photograph must be 10KB-200KB.
- The size of the signature must be 4KB-30KB.
Step 4: Application form Fee Payment
In the final step, candidates have to pay the registration fee via E-Challan or Debit/ Credit card. To apply through E-Challan students must follow these steps.
- Candidates can download the E-Challan forms from the SBI MOPS page. Print out the E-Challan on an A-4 Paper.
- For online payment, candidates need to pay the fee first and then print the Challan.
- The E-Challan along with the JEE Main application form needs to be submitted at the nearest branch of SBI within 12 hours of E-Challan generation. Candidates who are submitting the fee online need to submit the fee amount with the Challan.
- Candidates can now download the acknowledgement page. The acknowledgement page consists of all candidate’s details and marks the completion of the application process. Candidates must keep the document safe with them for future use.
Application Form Correction Window
National Testing Agency opens a correction window for the JEE Main application form. For the first session, the correction window was opened from the 13th to the 14th of January. However, for the JEE Main session-2, the date for the correction window has not been released. It provides an opportunity for applicants. Students can make corrections in their application form details like language, category, image etc. However, the correction is available only for a few sections.
The size of the photograph should be 10KB to 200 KB and it should be in JPEG or JPG format.
Students can visit the official website of the NTA and click on the exam link. Register as a new user and add all the required information. Now upload all the required documents and pay the application fee.
This leads to the end of this blog, we discussed the application process and the steps to apply for the JEE Main exam. Students can refer to this blog and check all the information about the application process.
For more such updates stay tuned to our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.