Students willing to appear for the IBSAT 2023 must prepare well for the examination which will be held in December 2023. The exam is conducted for students who are pursuing an MBA program. Test-takers will have a vast variety of job-oriented courses after pursuing MBA in their education. IBSAT preparation is a crucial step if you want to pursue MBA from the IBS.
It is very natural for students to feel nervous but to attain the scores students are aiming for, they must prepare an effective study plan for the examination. Students must keep a positive attitude and start their preparation for the successful completion of the examination.
|Full Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Exam Medium||Only English|
|Number of Question||140|
|Number of Sections||Four Sections|
|Subjects||Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Data Adequacy & Interpretation of Data.|
This Blog Includes:
IBSAT Preparation Tips 2023
The first and foremost step to start the IBSAT preparation is to make a study plan. It will help students to complete their courses individually without making any ruckus for the same. It is a competitive examination so preparing ahead is the best thing students can do to get the scores they are aiming for. There are a few things to keep in mind before we start ahead.
- All the concepts related to the course pack must be clear before appearing for the exam, as this one is competitive.
- Students must be well versed with the entire syllabus of IBSAT.
- Referring to different books for preparation is the best way to cover the course material.
- Students must practise all the mock papers of the IBSAT.
- Students must be aware of the exam pattern of the IBSAT question paper.
- We advise students to practise at least 2-3 previous year’s question papers.
- Add reading books to your daily routine.
Test takers must start preparing for the exam at least 3-4 months before the date of the examination. We have curated tips for each section(subject) students can follow to prepare for the IBSAT examination. The following tips are mentioned below.
Also Read: MBA: A Detailed Guide
IBSAT Preparation Tips for Verbal Ability
Verbal Ability entails the English Language. The IBSAT preparation tips for the section are briefly given below:
- Students must start working on their vocabulary.
- You can install multiple applications on your phone and refer to them in a more fun way.
- You must start reading newspapers and watching English news on day to day basis.
- Listening to podcasts in your free time will also be helpful.
- Make a habit of conversing in English with your friends and family. This one will be very helpful for your exam as well as other prospects.
- You must learn all the Grammar rules.
Tips for Reading Comprehension IBSAT 2023
The preparation guidelines for this section are the following:
- Add reading to your daily practice.
- Read every line and try to understand the meaning of the sentences.
- Expand your vocabulary and dictionary.
- Read different passages, short and long formats.
- Underline everything while you read if you feel the material is important.
- Try reading newspapers and different books & magazines as well, not just for practice but for your leisure.
Tips for Data Interpretation IBSAT 2023
This section is the most important in the examination and scoring section as well. We advise students not to skip it. The IBSAT preparation tips for Data Interpretation IBSAT 2023 are given below:
- The first step is to cover all the basic of this section.
- Go through different books and practise all types of questions.
- Learn all the fundamentals like interpretation, graphs, etc.
- Students can practise different types of puzzles to train their brains for this tricky section.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude IBSAT 2023
The tips for the following section are briefly given below.
- Students must remain consistent with the practice of this section.
- This entails maths so students who are weak in maths must pay extra attention.
- Refer to different books by different authors.
- Devote at least one hour daily to this section.
- Students must be aware of the shortcuts and learn how to implement them during the examination.
- Do not leave any topic for the end, prepare beforehand.
- Learn all the formulas by heart and avoid using a calculator in your daily practice.
Exam Day Tips for IBSAT 2023
Students must follow the guidelines set by the exam conducting authority on the day of the examination. These guidelines must be adhered to by every student. However, there are a few important things to keep in mind regarding the exam on your end. They are as follows:
- Students must carry their water bottles.
- Follow all the instructions mentioned on the admit card.
- Students must remember to take out at least 2 printed copies of their admit card before the exam day.
- Students must carry their admit cards on the day of the examination.
- Eat well before you go to the examination hall.
The syllabus for IBSAT entails four subjects, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude.
Students will be given 120 minutes in total to complete the examination.
No, there will be no negative marking in the examination. Students can attempt all the questions with no stress of negative marking.
IBSAT 2023 will be conducted tentatively in December 2023.
Also Read: MBA Subjects
We hope the preparation tips are helpful for the students appearing for the examination. We advise students to prepare for each subject individually to crack the examination in one go! For more updates check out our Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.