After the successful conclusion of the IBSAT Exam 2022, ICFAI Business School is all set to begin the application process for the IBSAT 2023 very soon. The examination authority will invite the applicants through a two-days application process. This is a common admission test for aspirants who want to pursue an MBA/PGDM course on their desired IBS campus.
Since the IBSAT 2023 application is expected to be released in July 2023. Interested Candidates are advised to check this blog article to get an insight into the application process, exam pattern, and eligibility, along with other relevant details related to the examination.
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)|
|Conducting Authority||ICFAI Business School|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
This Blog Includes:
- IBSAT 2023 Latest Updates
- IBSAT 2023 Exam Dates
- IBSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- IBSAT 2023 Syllabus
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Application Process
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
- How to Prepare for IBSAT 2023?
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Results
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Selection Process
IBSAT 2023 Latest Updates
The Institute of Charted Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) has already released the IBSAT 2022 results on its website. The PGDM application was started on 1st March and the deadline for the application is 30th March. The selection process will start on April 1st, 2023 at 8 IBS campuses and IBS Hyderabad Head Office.
IBSAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates aiming for the IBSAT 2023 exam should note that the Business School will conduct the entrance exam in December 2023, tentatively. It will be an online-mode computer-based examination to shortlist candidates for admission to IFCAI Business School Campuses. Hence, aspirants must ensure to follow the below-mentioned dates while preparing for the IBSAT 2023 exam.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|IBSAT Application Release Date||July 2023|
|IBSAT 2023 Mock Test||August 2023|
|IBSAT 2023 Exam Slot Booking||November 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||November 2023|
|IBSAT Exam Date||December 2023|
|IBSAT Result Declaration||January 2024|
Also Read: Entrance Exams in India
IBSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
It is important to be aware of the IBSAT 2023 exam pattern in advance for the aspirants while preparing for the entrance exam. Conducted in an online mode of examination, the IBSAT examination allows the authority to check the critical thinking and reasoning ability of the candidates. Therefore, the aspirants should be thoroughly prepared as per the IBSAT 2023 exam pattern for a better chance of succeeding.
|IBSAT 2023 Exam Sections||Weightage|
|Data Interpretation and Data Adequacy||30|
|Total Number of Questions||140|
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus
Although the examination authority has not specified any particular set of IBSAT syllabus. However, aspiring candidates can stick to the IBSAT syllabus given below while strengthening their preparation for the entrance test. The given syllabus set is based on the previous year’s papers and the set exam pattern of IBSAT. Hence, candidates should focus on these topics while preparing for the IBSAT 2023.
IBSAT 2023: Section A-Quantitative Aptitude
The IBSAT 2023 Syllabus has been divided into four sections, as per the exam pattern. Candidates may check the following topics for the first section of the syllabus.
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Arithmetic Progression
- Time and Work
- Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Permutation & Combination
- Quadratic and Linear Equation
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Time, Speed and Distance
IBSAT 2023: Section B-Verbal Aptitude
To be prepared for the Verbal Aptitude section of the IBSAT syllabus, candidates should focus on the following topics.
- Comprehension of passage
- English Grammar
- Incorrect Words
- English Usage
- Sentence Completion
- Replace the Missing Words
- Para Jumble
- One-word Substitution
- Different Usage of the Same Word
- Fill in the Blanks
IBSAT 2023:Section C-Data Interpretation
Check the following IBSAT topics to prepare well for the Data Interpretation and Analysis section of the examination.
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Cause and Effects
- Graphs Representing Area
- Venn Diagram
- Critical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Bar Graphs
- Statements and Conclusions
- Matrix Arrangements
- Linear Arrangements
- Line Charts
Also Read: MBA in Finance Syllabus
IBSAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The examining body has set specific eligibility criteria for the IBSAT 2023 examination. Therefore, candidates aiming to be admitted to the IBS should ensure their eligibility in advance to alter their chances of disqualification in the IBSAT 2023 exam.
- To be eligible to apply for both MBA and PGDM Programs under the IBSAT 2023, aspirants must have cleared their bachelor’s or master’s degree with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks.
- Applicants in their final year of graduation can submit their previous semester’s mark sheet to apply for the entrance test.
- Since the ICFAI Business School requires candidates to be graduated from an English Medium Institution. Candidates can also submit their IELTS/TOEFL/NELT score card as an alternative to applying for the entrance test.
- Candidates who have scored 55% of marks or above in GMAT/GMAC/NMAT can appear in IBSAT 2023 and apply for direct admission to their desired campus.
- For candidates who are planning to apply for a PhD course on the IBS campus. They must do at least one year of business management courses at the ICAFAI Business School to be admitted to a PhD course.
IBSAT Exam 2023 Application Process
The application process for the IBSAT 2023 is expected to begin in July 2023. Meanwhile, candidates can check the following guidelines to follow while completing the IBSAT 2023 application process.
- Aspiring candidates need to visit the official IBSAT website and click on the application link to register for the exam.
- Use an authentic email ID and phone number to register for the IBSAT 2023.
- Once registered, complete the application form by filling in all the required information and uploading the specified documents.
- To complete the application process, candidates must make the specified amount of the application fee and click on the submit button.
IBSAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
The IFCAI Business School generally releases the IBSAT admit card at least two weeks before the commencement of the entrance examination. Before downloading the admit card candidates would be notified to do the IBSAT slot booking through an online mode. Candidates who are done with the slot booking before the deadline can download their IBSAT admit card from the IBS website. Since the admit card is very crucial to confirm the eligibility of the applicants, candidates must ensure to carry a hard copy of the admit card on the day of their examination.
How to Prepare for IBSAT 2023?
Once you are well acquainted with the syllabus and pattern of examination, then you must not wait to begin your preparation for the IBSAT 2023 exam. As the entrance test of IBSAT is already a recipient of a huge number of applicants. Candidates must focus on practising the previous year’s paper on the IBSAT exam and align their preparation as per the exam guidelines for a greater success rate.
Best Books to Prepare for IBSAT 2023
Although not termed as the only books to prepare for the examination. Candidates may refer to the following books to prepare for the IBSAT 2023 admission test.
- R.S. Aggarwal’s Objective General English
- Clark’s Business English and Communication
- Pearson’s Verbal Reading and Reading Comprehension for CAT
- Think Tank by Kiran Prakashan
- Pearson’s Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
- R.S. Aggarwal’s Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams
IBSAT 2023 Sample Paper
Candidates are advised to click on the links given below to download the sample papers of the IBSAT entrance examination.
IBSAT 2023 Preparation Tips
With a good preparation strategy, it becomes easier to enhance your chances of acing the exams. Hence, candidates may consider the following IBSAT preparation tips for better time management.
- To begin with, it is important to get familiar with the IBSAT syllabus, exam pattern, and important dates to not miss anything important.
- Although the internet is flooded with information, try to stick with the above recommended or any relevant IBSAT preparation books while preparing for the test.
- It is recommended to keep a track of your preparation by solving multiple IBSAT samples and previous year papers. As this will help you master the art of time management, along with getting a hang of the exam pattern.
- Last but not the least, make sure to formulate your IBSAT preparation strategy based on your understanding and knowledge of the syllabus.
IBSAT Exam 2023 Results
The IBSAT 2023 results will be declared a few weeks from the conclusion of the IBSAT examination. Candidates would require to visit the official IBS website to download their merit score. Based on the declared result, the institution will invite qualified candidates for the selection process for the applied courses.
Also Read: MBA Entrance Exams: India and Abroad
IBSAT Exam 2023 Selection Process
Candidates who have successfully secured a position in the IBSAT 2023 merit list will be called upon for the selection process. The process includes a group discussion, followed by a personal interview round to select the candidates. It is important to note that the IBSAT selection process will take place at the IBS Hyderabad campus in the following order.
- Group Discussion: The first phase of the selection process is conducted through a group discussion. There will be 8 to 10 candidates forming one group. Each group will be allotted a topic to go on about for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Personal Interview: Students who would have cleared the discussion round will proceed with a one-on-one interview round. Since both rounds are conducted to access the communication skill and critical thinking abilities of the candidates. Candidates should focus on remaining calm and composed while answering the asked questions.
- Final Admission: Candidates who would successfully clear the Group discussion and personal interview would be able to choose from the available IBS campuses based on their IBSAT merit score and ranking.
IBSAT Exam 2023 Cut-Offs
The IBSAT 2023 cut-off will be made available for the candidates along with the declared final result of the IBSAT selection process. Selected candidates would then be able to choose from the 8 campuses under IBS based on their ranking. The availability of campuses under IBS is as follows.
|IBSAT Campuses||Annual Course Fees|
|IBS Hyderabad||INR 8.01 Lakhs|
|IBS Bangalore||INR 6.03 Lakhs|
|IBS Mumbai||INR 4.05 Lakhs|
|IBS Ahmedabad||INR 4.05 Lakhs|
|IBS Gurgaon||INR 4.05 Lakhs|
|IBS Pune||INR 4.05 Lakhs|
|IBS Kolkata||INR 4.05 Lakhs|
|IBS Jaipur||INR 3.01 Lakhs|
|IBS Dehradun||INR 3.01 Lakhs|
The university is yet to start the registration process for the IBSAT 2023 exam. Interested candidates should wait for the authority to release the IBSAT application form on its official ICFAI website.
The examination of IBSAT is a national-level examination conducted once a year. This admission test is conducted by the ICFAI Business School to invite applicants for admission to its MBA and PGDM courses.
The overall difficulty level of the IBSAT examination is rated as moderate by its applicants. Since the examining body does not have criteria for negative marking in the IBSAT entrance test. Hence, students can focus on attempting all the questions without any hesitation.
For more such updates stay tuned to our Indian exams page. You can also stay tuned to our social media handles of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handles for more exciting facts and updates.