NMIMS NMAT GD & PI Process: Individuals aspiring to get admission into NMIMS’s MBA Courses must undertake the NMAT Entrance Exam (2023). One must acquire scores ranging between 205 to 250 in their NMAT Exam to secure admission into the said courses. NMAT MBA Admission entails one undertaking the entrance exam and sitting for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds.
Although the admission exam carries a weightage of 70%, the importance of the GD and PI Rounds cannot be discarded as they play a vital role in the selection process. The final admission of candidates depends on one’s performance in the NMAT online test and GD-PI rounds. Read the article to know more about NMIMS GD and PI Process.
|NMIMS Full Form||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Criteria for Selection||NMAT + GD & PI|
|Number of MBA Programmes||8|
|Fee Range||INR 7 lakhs- INR 12 lakhs|
|NMIMS MBA Average Fees||INR 7-12.4 Lakhs|
|NMIMS Highest Salary Package 2023||INR 67 Lakhs LPA|
|NMIMS Average Salary Package 2023||INR 26 Lakhs LPA|
This Blog Includes:
NMIMS NMAT GD & PI Process 2023
The selection process for the NMIMS NMAT Exam consists of the NMAT entrance exam and the GD/PI Rounds. Aspirants who are able to acquire the minimum eligible scores in their entrance exams are further called for the GD and PI rounds. It is critical for one to qualify for these rounds as they constitute a major portion of the selection process. Have a look at the following data to get an idea about the GD and PI Rounds.
- NMIMS NMAT GD rounds are usually conducted offline, while the PI rounds are conducted on the Zoom platform.
- After clearing the NMAT entrance exam, aspirants will be notified about the rounds on their dashboards. Individuals will be provided with call letters on their dashboards.
- Candidates are required to pay the requisite amount to complete the application process (for the GD and PI Rounds).
- Once the payment is made, individuals will be required to book their GD/PI slots on the official dashboard.
- It is critical for one to select the preferred dates for such rounds.
Instructions for NMIMS NMAT GD & PI
Individuals who are able to qualify for their NMAT Exam will be required to sit for the GD and PI rounds. Aspirants must keep certain points in mind prior to attempting such rounds. Have a look.
- Candidates are required to procure their photo identity proof and NMAT Admit cards authorized by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) prior to undertaking the GD and PI rounds.
- One must wear formal clothes while sitting for such rounds. Those who are unable to do so will be strictly judged and reprimanded by the conducting authorities.
- The area where the PI tests are being conducted must have adequate luminescence and minimal background clutter.
- One must ensure that there is good internet connectivity and proper audio/visual output prior to attempting the rounds.
Also Read: 60+ IIM Scholarships for MBA Applicants
NMIMS NMAT Group Discussion 2023
The Group Discussion Round constitute a major portion of the NMIMS NMAT selection process.
In other words, the group discussion round plays a crucial role in one’s selection for NMIMS’s MBA courses. Aspirants intending to undertake the NMAT group discussion test will be required to cover topics from subjects including political sciences, social sciences, economics, sports, arts, and academics. During the NMAT GD rounds, individuals are usually segregated into groups of five to ten.
Groups are allocated a time frame of 15 to 20 minutes to prepare for their topics. The GD round of NMIMS NMAT entails one to excel in areas such as communication skills, leadership skills, managerial skills, negotiation skills, personality, confidence and listening skills.
NMIMS NMAT Group Discussion Topics
The difficulty level of the NMAT GD Round lies on the spectrum of moderate to tough. Therefore, one must prepare for the said round accordingly. Due to its unpredictable nature, students often face difficulties while attempting the round. This is why it is critical for one to prepare from topics that are generally asked by authorities. Some of the general topics that one should cover during their preparation are:
NMAT Personal Interview 2023
The NMAT personal interview round is usually conducted as a panel discussion with three to four judges. These judges are usually senior interviewers or experts in various domains of business. The personal interview round is conducted to gauge an individual’s understanding of subjects, his/her temperament towards studies and goals, and overall personality. Apart from that, candidates are also asked about their academic and professional qualifications during the PI process. The PI round is usually administered via online modes, such as a Zoom call.
One must keep certain points in mind prior to attempting the personal interview round. Have a look:
- One must highlight their communication skills during the PI process.
- The Academic Profile of the candidate must meet the criteria for admission.
- Candidates must portray a pleasant and charming personality while sitting for the interview round.
- It is critical for candidates to exude confidence during the interview rounds.
Selection Process Tips for NMAT GD, PI and WAT 2023
Aspirants who wish clear the NMIMS NMAT GD, WAT and PI rounds must keep the following tips in mind.
Candidates must be well-versed in topics such as current affairs, social sciences, politics, and economics to ace their group discussion rounds. One must have a comprehensive understanding of various subjects pertaining to the field of business. Due to the unpredictability of questions that may be asked during the GD round, candidates should not avoid any major topic.
Written Ability Test
The WAT round is conducted to evaluate an individual’s proficiency in writing. This round entails candidates writing essays on the given topics. One must make a proper structure of their essay prior to writing. This will help streamline the process and make it more convenient for the candidate.
Candidates must be presentable and confident to make a good impression on the interviewers.
The complete selection process encompasses six primary stages, including the application process, issuing the admit card, undertaking the NMAT 2023 exam, acquiring the eligible scores and qualifying for the Group Discussion/Personal Interview rounds.
2000 to 2500 students were selected for the NMIMS interview in 2022.
NMIMS does not accept retake/reapplication scores acquired by candidates.
That was all about the NMIMS NMAT GD and PI Rounds. Individuals who are able to acquire the minimum requisite NMAT scores are further called for the GD/PI rounds. It is critical for one to qualify for these rounds to secure admission into the institution’s MBA programmes.