How to Prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2023: Karnataka PGCET 2023 also known as Karnataka Postgraduate Common Entrance Test is managed by Karnataka Examinations Authority. All those students who wish to get admission to PG courses in Karnataka universities take this exam. By qualifying for this exam, students get to study courses like MA, MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M. Arch and others in the best universities of Karnataka.
In this blog, we will talk about Karnata PGCET and what should be exam strategy that one should follow, the reference books one should go through and several other topics. Here is a quick overview of Karnataka PGCET which will provide all the necessary information about the same.
|Exam Full Name||Karnataka Postgraduate Common Entrance Test|
|Short Name of the Exam||Karnataka PGCET|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 minutes)|
|Courses Offered||MA, MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch and several others|
|Karnataka PGCET Official Website||http://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/|
This Blog Includes:
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern 2023
Before starting preparation for the Karnataka PGCET, the aspirant should go through the exam pattern thoroughly. By going through the same, he/she will be better prepared for the exam. It is very important that the candidate knows the duration of the test, maximum marks, marks offered per question, type of questions, time they should allot for each section and much more.
Below mentioned is the exam pattern which is followed for the Karnataka PGCET. Candidates can go through the same for their own guidance.
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Number of Sections in the Exam||4 Sections|
|Duration of the Exam||120 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer,
No Negative Marking
Also Read: Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
Karnataka PGCET 2023: Reference Books
When preparing for this exam, it is very important to go through the right study material which will help the candidate in his/her exam. There are several PGCET reference books which will help the candidate get the help of the right study material.
The following mentioned are reference books which will help the candidates get good marks in the PGCET Exam 2023.
|Books||Authors/Publishers||Book Costs||Amazon Purchasing Link|
|General Knowledge||Arihant||Rs 225 (Paperback)||Click Here|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Rs 232 (Paperback)||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Rs 106 (Paperback)||Click Here|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||Rs 249 (Paperback)||Click Here|
|Vedic Mathematics||Dr Aditi Singhal||Rs 340||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning||Arihant||Rs 310||Click Here|
How to Prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam?
When appearing for the Karnataka PGCET exam, it is very crucial for the aspirants to understand that they must follow a set study technique which will help them ace their PGCET exam. In order to get good marks, it is very important that the candidates prepare a proper plan which they can follow to study.
Also Read: Karnataka PGCET Answer Key 2023
Karnataka PGCET Exam Tips and Tricks
These tips and tricks are for those aspirants who want to prepare for the PGCET exam. The following mentioned are the tips and tricks which will help the candidate in preparing their study plan for the exam. This will help them in acing the exam with high marks.
- Look at the syllabus: Before starting with the exam preparation, candidates should go through the PGCET syllabus which has been given by the conducting authority. By going through the syllabus, one will get to know his/her strengths and weakness, and one will also get to know where they have to work more.
- Know the exam pattern: Candidates should know about the exam pattern which will help them get a clear understanding of the exam. By going through the exam pattern, one will get to know the weightage of each subject/topic, the time that should be allotted, maximum marks and the type of questions that will be asked.
- Take Mock Tests: It is suggested that candidates should often take mock tests when preparing for the exam. This will help them in time management, testing their knowledge and much more.
- Get the best study material: It is very crucial to get the best study material in order to prepare for the PGCET exam. One should collect books and study materials which are good and known by many.
- Focus on basics: There are many key topics which must be covered such as General Knowledge, Proficiency in English Language, Quantitative Analysis and others. These are some of the topics candidates which are not missed out on.
- Start PGCET preparation early: It is very important for candidates to start the PGCET exam preparation early. They should begin by making a proper plan for each subject. By doing so, the students will get a lot of time to revise in the end.
- Do not miss out on any topics: Before starting with the preparation, one should go through the syllabus which has been mentioned by the conducting authority. Make sure each and every topic is covered. By studying all the topics, aspirants will find it easy to answer the questions in the paper.
- Make notes and do revision: While studying, ensure to make notes in bullet points which are easy to read. Making notes will help one retain information and at the same time, it will be easy for one to revise in the end.
In order to prepare for the Karnataka PGCET exam, the candidate will have to take at least 60 days to prepare to study for the same. During this time duration, the candidate must study all the topics from the syllabus. The remaining 15-20 days should be kept for revision and taking mock tests.
If the candidate has only 1 month to prepare for the exam, he/she will have to create a very tight schedule. With very less time in hand, one will have to work very smartly.
If you are aiming to clear the Karnataka PGCET exam, make sure that you get scores under 5000. With this rank, one will easily get a rank in an MBA course.
We hope this blog gave you all the necessary information about the Karnataka PGCET exam. This blog talked about how one can prepare for exams, some tips and tricks, reference books and much more. For more such informative blogs, do check out our Indian Exams page. Stay tuned to Leverage Edu for information on exams, scholarships, jobs and universities.