Gitam Institute of Technology and Management conducts the HBSAT 2022 or Hyderabad Business School Admission Test every year to enrol students in their MBA programmes at the postgraduate level.
Candidates interested in pursuing their MBA from Gitam University’s Hyderabad Business School can register themselves for this exam. It is imperative to keep in mind that those in possession of valid MAT / GMAT / CAT / XAT / ATMA /NMAT scores are not required to partake in the HBSAT (2023) examination. Partaking in the said exam is only mandatory for those who haven’t attempted any of the aforementioned examinations.
|Name of Exam||Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test(HBSAT)|
|Conducted body||GITAM Hyderabad Business School|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate (PG)|
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Important Dates
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Exam Syllabus
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Application Process
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Best Books
- HBSAT Exam 2023 Selection Process
HBSAT Exam 2023 Important Dates
It is advisable for candidates to go through the important dates relating to the examination in order to streamline and strategise their preparation. It can be even said that being acquainted with the crucial dates can help applicants create a viable blueprint for preparation for the exam.
The online applications for HBSAT 2023 are already open and candidates can enrol themselves on the official website. However, the rest of the dates of the examination are yet to be notified. Interested candidates should keep an eye on the official website as well as this space for further updates.
HBSAT Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
It is suggested that before taking the exam, candidates become well-versed with the prescribed exam pattern so that candidates can streamline and strategize their preparation. Being acquainted with a set exam pattern can help applicants create a viable blueprint for preparation. Applicants can adhere to such blueprints to schedule and allot their time according to subjects.
The HBSAT 2023 exam will be fractionated into five major sections, i.e., English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and Intelligence, and Data Interpretation. The detailed exam pattern is discussed below in detail:
|Mode||Computer-Based Test (Online mode)|
|Type(s) of question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking scheme||1 Mark awarded for each correct answer. No negative marking.|
Topic-wise segregation of weightage (according to the syllabus):
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||20|
Also Read: Tancet MBA
HBSAT Exam 2023 Exam Syllabus
In order to ace any given examination, it is imperative for applicants to get acquainted with the latest syllabus. Keeping abreast of the intricacies of a syllabus can help candidates create and execute a plan to prepare themselves for the examination. The HBSAT 2023 exam encompasses subjects and topics that are meant to gauge the academic capabilities of candidates. The following table will help you go through the exam syllabus for HBSAT 2023:
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation||Geometry
Work and Time
Profit & Loss
Bar Graphs/Pie Charts/Tabular Data
HCF & LCM
Ratio & Proportion
Time & Distance
Percentages & Averages
In-equations, Quadratic and Linear Equations
|Reasoning and Intelligence||Coding & Decoding
Idioms and Analogies
Fill in the Blanks
Antonyms and Synonyms
Foreign language words used in English
HBSAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The sole purpose of conducting bodies prescribing set eligibility criteria for an examination is to ascertain whether or not the candidate possesses the requisite calibre and qualification.
The HBSAT exam, just like any other government exam, comes with its own set of prescribed eligibility criteria that must be met by the applicants in order to be deemed eligible. It is imperative for interested applicants to evaluate the set criteria prior to applying for the said exam.
Candidates appearing for the HBSAT 2023 exam will be required to fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants preparing for the MBA program must be holding a Bachelor’s Degree (at least a 3 years course) in any relevant subject with a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks.
- Candidates should also have a minimum of 50% marks in their Class 12th exams.
- Candidates in their final year (Bachelor’s degree course) during the period of registration will also be deemed eligible for the said exam.
- There is no higher age limit for taking the test.
- Both Indian and international students can apply for the HBSAT exam. Candidates hailing from foreign nations will be evaluated on the basis of their GMAT scores.
HBSAT Exam 2023 Application Process
The application forms for the HBSAT 2023 exam have been officially released by the conducting body. Although the deadline for submission has not yet been announced, candidates who wish to take the HBSAT 2023 exam can follow the below steps to register for the exam online:
- Log on to the official website and register yourselves first with a username and password
- Fill up the required details such as name, email address, contact details, etc.
- Upload the documents required
- Pay the application fee of INR 700 to conclude the process
It is imperative to keep in mind that candidates with valid MAT / GMAT / CAT / XAT / ATMA /NMAT scores are not mandatorily required to partake in the examination since such scores can be considered for the admission process. Partaking in the said exam is only mandatory for those who haven’t attempted any of the aforementioned examinations.
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam offline can simply download the form from the official website, fill out the details requested and then send the filled-out form along with a demand draft for the fee to the address mentioned in the application form.
Documents Required for HBSAT 2023 Application Process
It is imperative for aspirants to procure all the requisite credentials while registering their application forms. Candidates must ensure that the uploaded documents are authentic, relevant and appropriate. Those interested in partaking in the said exam and registering the application forms must ensure to procure the following documents:
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Scanned copy of personal ID proofs ( PAN card, Aadhar card, Voter ID, College id, DOB, and Residential address ).
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Class 10th and 12th certificate
- Scorecard of MAT / GMAT / CAT / XAT / ATMA / NMAT (if available)
- Graduation mark sheet
HBSAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
The admit cards for the HBSAT 2023 exam will be released on the official website. Candidates appearing for the HBSAT 2023 exam are required to keep a tab on the website to get regular updates regarding the said exam. Applicants will also receive their admit cards on their registered email ID.
Candidates must carry their admit cards on the day of the examination. Further, candidates should ensure that their admit cards have the correct details.
HBSAT Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates who are appearing for the HBSAT exam will find a plethora of tips online which may confuse them. Candidates must use tips that they can implement which will help them ace the exam. Accordingly, here are some tips to clear the HBSAT exam:
- Being acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus can be beneficial for applicants to streamline and strategise their examination preparation. Keeping abreast of the prescribed pattern can help candidates create a feasible blueprint to adhere to and prepare themselves for their exams.
- Partaking in mock exams can give the candidates an idea about the exam pattern and syllabus structure of the said exam. Doing so will help applicants be better prepared for the examination.
- Going through the relevant books can be beneficial for candidates to prepare themselves for the exams.
- Creating notes can be a great way to retain relevant and important information.
- Candidates must ensure that they revise their topics frequently. With enough practice and revision, one can ace their speed and accuracy as well.
- Candidates can try preparing a study timetable and dividing the syllabus accordingly. This will help them set daily achievable goals.
- Taking some time off to relax during preparation will help candidates re-align their focus.
- Getting a good night’s sleep the day before the exam is crucial. This will ensure that candidates do not lose focus or are not groggy on the day of the exam.
HBSAT Exam 2023 Best Books
Candidates must refer to the best available sources to ace the HBSAT 2023 Exam. Here is a curated list of books that have been specifically shortlisted to aid prospective candidates in their preparation for the said exam:
|Book||Author / Publisher|
|Objective Arithmetic||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
HBSAT Exam 2023 Selection Process
Candidates looking to appear for the HBSAT 2023 Exam are required to sit for three rounds, namely the written exam (HBSAT), the group discussion round, and the personal interview round. The selection process for this exam is as follows:
- Individuals will be called for their GD and PI rounds once they qualify for the preliminary written exam. Individuals will be selected based on their acquired cumulative scores in the three rounds (HBSAT 2023, group debate, and personal interview).
- Candidates must be physically present during the personal interview and group discussion rounds. Online processes for these rounds will not be entertained by the authorities.
- Applicants will have to acquire the eligible cumulative scores secured in all the aforementioned rounds to get selected.
- For the counselling sessions, applicants will be notified in their registered mail ids.
- Candidates must procure their original credentials during their counselling session to help authorities with the identification and verification procedure.
As of 2023, the HBSAT will be conducted for 90 minutes.
Prospective candidates are required to pay the requisite amount of INR 700 to complete the registration procedure.
Candidates must carry important documents such as Class 10th and 12th marksheet, bachelor’s mark sheets, scanned images of photo and signature of candidates, etc.
The HBSAT exam can be a great learning curve for those who want to gauge their skills/knowledge and prove their mettle in MBA. The said exam can be a stepping stone for numerous aspirants who desire to build their careers in the field of business. Although cracking the said exam may seem like an arduous process at first, once cleared, it may open an enormous window of lucrative opportunities for candidates in the said field.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.