Anna University, Chennai has invited applications for Tancet MBA 2023 entrance examination on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu. Through this Tancet MBA 2023 entrance examination, candidates can pursue a Master in Business Administration for the academic session 2023-24 at Tamil Nadu University Departments, Annamalai University, College Branches of Anna University, and other Government Aided Colleges. Candidates who are interested in pursuing MBA can apply for the Tancet MBA 2023. Read this article to know more about the Tancet MBA 2023.
|Exam Name||TANCET MBA|
|Exam Full Form||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Master in Business Administration|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Seats Available||Approximately 18,000|
|Duration of MBA Course||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Application Fee||General/ OBC – INR 600SC/ST/Reserved Category – INR 300|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
This Blog Includes:
- Tancet MBA 2023 Latest Updates
- Tancet MBA 2023 Exam Dates
- Tancet MBA Application Process
- Tancet MBA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Tancet MBA 2023 Syllabus
- Tancet MBA 2023 Exam Pattern
- Tancet MBA 2023 Admit Card
- Tancet MBA 2023 Answer Key
- How to Prepare for Tancet MBA 2023
- Tancet MBA 2023 Result
- Tancet MBA 2023 Selection Process
- Tancet MBA 2023 Counselling
- Tancent MBA 2023 Cut-Off
- Tancet MBA 2023 Seat Allotment
Tancet MBA 2023 Latest Updates
In its latest notification released by Anna University, the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance exam is scheduled for 25th March 2023 at various centres in Tamil Nadu.
Tancet MBA 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates who are interested in giving the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance exam, must be updated with all the important dates related to the exam. Here is a table which highlights all the important dates for the Tancet 2023 MBA exam.
|Activity / Event||Important Dates|
|Application Window Open||1st Feb to 22nd Feb 2023 (ongoing)|
|Last Date to Apply||22nd Feb 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||11th March|
|Examination Date||25th March 2023|
|Declaration of Result||April 1st week 2023 (tentative)|
Tancet MBA Application Process
To successfully complete the application form for the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance exam, interested candidates must follow the below-given instructions.
- Visit the official website of Tancet Anna University, Chennai mentioned above.
- Registration forms would require the students by entering their names and contact details.
- Students will be provided with a user ID and password.
- Login using those credentials on the university website.
- Pay the applicable fees, which is INR 1000 for unreserved category and INR 500 for reserved categories.
- Enter all the required information including education qualification, contact information, etc.
- The next step will be to choose your examination city.
- Then upload all the required documents in the prescribed format.
*Note – The payment of applicable fees can only be done through a credit card/ debit card/ net banking. No other modes of payment will be accepted.
Tancet MBA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance exam will depend on the basis of the candidate’s category, nativity, and disability. Check the table given below to know all the details about the eligibility criteria for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test for MBA.
|Unreserved (outside Tamil Nadu)||Candidates must have completed graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from any university in India.|
|Reserved (outside Tamil Nadu)||Candidates must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from any university in India.|
|Tamil Nadu Natives||Candidates must have completed their schooling at any institution in the state of Tamil Nadu.|
|Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees||Candidates must identify their certificates from the district headquarters. Candidates should not have registered in any refugee camp and must submit a copy of their passport, visa, and a letter registered with the local Police Station (with proof of Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee).|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||Candidates with Visual disabilities, Hearing Impairedness, orthopedically, Autism, and Multiple disabilities will have to show the certificate of disability provided by the government.|
*Note – candidates who have completed their graduation in B.E./ B.Tech. or any Diploma course, will be considered eligible for Lateral Entry and Part Time modes.
Tancet MBA 2023 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance examination, must have all the details regarding the exam syllabus. Here is a table highlighting all the subjects and their topics from which questions will be asked in the Tancent MBA 2023.
|General English||English Grammar, Error Spotting, Cloze Test, Sentence Arrangement, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the blanks, Use of Articles, Nouns and Pronouns, Prepositions, Adjectives, Idioms and Phrases|
|Reading Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, One-word substitution, Synonyms and Antonyms, Vocabulary|
|Data Interpretation||Number Systems, Algebra, Basic Arithmetics, Pie Charts, Statistics, Line Graphs, Types of Tables|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Time and Work, Distance, Speed and Time, Simple and Compound Interest, Logarithms, Mixtures and Allegations, Profit and Loss, ProbabilityAverage|
|Business Situations Analysis||Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Binary Logic, Linear and Circular Arrangements, Sitting Arrangements, Sequence and Series, Analogy, Time and Calendar, Venn Diagram, Syllogism|
Also Read: How To Prepare For Upcoming MBA Exams?
Tancet MBA 2023 Exam Pattern
The Tancet MBA written exam will consist of a total of 100 questions. For every correct response, candidates will be given 1 mark each. In case any candidate has marked the wrong option, a 1/3rd mark will be deducted from the candidate’s overall score. Other details about the Tancet MBA exam pattern are as follows.
- The Tancet MBA exam will be conducted in an offline mode.
- The duration of the written exam will be of 2 hours.
- There will be only two language options available, which will be English and Tamil.
- There will be a negative marking of a 1/3rd mark for each wrong answer.
- There will be five different sections, and each section will contain 20 marks.
The table given below shows all the details about the subject-wise exam pattern for the Tancet MBA exam.
|Sections||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||English Language||20||20|
|Section B||Reading Comprehension||20||20|
|Section C||Data Interpretation||20||20|
|Section D||Quantitative Aptitude||20||20|
|Section E||Business Situations Analysis||20||20|
Tancet MBA 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for the Tancet MBA entrance exam will be released by Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu. The admit card will consist of important information like the exam date and exam venue, the candidate’s name, registration number, etc.
To download the Tancent MBA 2023 admit card, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Go to the official website of Tancet Anna University mentioned above.
- Under the notification section, check for the ‘Tancet Admit Card’ option and click on it.
- You will have to enter your username ID and password to log in on the university website.
- A security code will appear on your screen which you have to enter.
- After submitting the code, a new tab will open where access to the admit card for Tancet MBA 2023 will appear.
- Check all the details mentioned in your admit card carefully and take a printout of it.
The Tancet MBA admit card is an important document. As per the guidelines of Anna University, candidates must bring their admit cards while appearing for the exam. Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Tancet MBA 2023 Answer Key
The officials of Anna University will release the Answer Key for Tancet MBA 2023 after the examination is concluded. The Answer Key will consist of correct answers to the questions which were asked in the exam along with the candidate’s response. To download the Answer Key for Tancet MBA, you will have to log in on the official website of Tancet Anna University.
Must Read: MBA: A Detailed Guide
How to Prepare for Tancet MBA 2023
Tancet MBA is one of the popular entrance exams in Tamil Nadu state. Thousands of students every year appear for this exam to pursue courses at Tamil Nadu state colleges and universities.
Suggested Books for Preparation
To prepare efficiently for the Tncet MBA 2023 entrance exam, candidates must be aware of all the important books which will help them in their preparation for the exam. Here is a table highlighting the names of all the books and their publishers.
|General English||Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|Reading Comprehension||Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Data Interpretation||Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Arihant Expert|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||R.S Aggarwal|
|Business Situation Analysis||The SWOT Analysis||Anja B.|
In order to secure admission, candidates must clear this entrance exam. Here are some preparation tips which will help you in preparing for the Tancet MBA entrance exam.
- Go through all the information about the examination’s subjects and exam pattern.
- According to this information, create a decent timetable, and work accordingly.
- Highlight all the important topics in which you are weak and revise them daily.
- Make notes of all the important topics and questions.
- Try to solve mock tests and sample papers, which will give you an idea about how questions will appear in the exam.
- During the final days of your preparation, make sure you do a thorough revision and revise all the topics which you have studied during your preparation period.
While preparing for the Tancet MBA 2023 entrance exam, all the candidates are suggested to give mock tests to make their preparations stronger. Mock tests help in a number of ways to prepare for examinations. Below are listed all the benefits of solving mock tests for Tancet MBA 2023.
- Mock tests provide an overview of the exam.
- Candidates can avoid repeating the mistakes of which have become aware from solving mock tests.
- You will understand how and what types of questions will be asked in the exam.
- Mock tests are prepared in the same way as the actual exam and are even considered a very close second to the feeling of actually giving the exam.
Tancet MBA 2023 Result
After the Tancet MBA written exam is over, Anna University will declare the results online on the official website of Tancet Anna University. Candidates who will score the minimum required marks will have their names and roll number on the result sheet. The result sheet of Tancet MBA will consist of the candidate’s sectional score, final score, and basic information. Candidates who will appear in the Tancet MBA entrance exam can check their results by logging in on the official website of Tancet Anna University.
Tancet MBA 2023 Selection Process
Candidates’ selection for the Tancet MBA will be determined by the marks candidates have secured in the Tancet MBA entrance examination. All the selection processes are discussed below.
- Candidates will have to appear in the Tancet MBA entrance examination.
- There will be a minimum qualification for candidates belonging to different categories.
- Candidates’ ranks will be calculated on the basis of the average percentage of marks in their first semester/ years in their qualifying degree exam.
- Elder candidates will be given more preference than younger candidates (according to proof of date of birth).
- If any candidate fails to provide proof of clearing their graduation, their selection will be rejected.
- Candidates must know that the allotment of seats, which will be given in the counselling process, is only provisional.
*Note – As per the rules set up by Anna University, if any candidate is found ineligible during the verification of their certificates by the officials of the university / Directorate of Technical Education, candidates will not be allowed to claim any right for admission, regardless at whatever selection stage they may be at.
Tancet MBA 2023 Counselling
Candidates who will crack the Tancet MBA entrance exam will be called for the counselling session. The counselling session will consist of a panel of officials from Anna University. The Directorate of Technical Education will release the rank list, which will determine the seat allotment criteria for which Tancent MBA 2023 admission. For the counselling, session candidates will be called at their respective centres.
Tancent MBA 2023 Cut-Off
The cut-off scorecard for the Tancent MBA 2023 will be released on the Tancent Anna University by the official of Anna University. Candidates who will appear in the Tancent MBA 2023 entrance exam can check the cut-off marks by following the below-mentioned instructions.
- Go to the official counselling website at www.tn-mbamca.com.
- Under the notification section, look for ‘Tancent MBA 2023 Cut-off’ and click on it.
- The entire cut-off list will be displayed on your screen.
- Check all the details carefully and download them.
- The cut-off scorecard will mention all the minimum qualification marks and category-wise seat allotment.
- You can take a printout of the cut-off scorecard for future reference.
Tancet MBA 2023 Seat Allotment
To know all about Tancet MBA Seat Allotment, check the table given below.
|Categories||Reservation Percentage (%)|
|Backward Muslim Class||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities||20.00%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar)||3.00%|
Tancet stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. Tancet is conducted by Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the State Government of Kerala.
To become eligible for the Tancet exam, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks for unreserved candidates and 45% for reserved candidates.
The Tancet MBA exam syllabus will cover the following subjects: General English, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Business Situations Analysis, and Quantitative Aptitude.
This exam is conducted to offer admission into MBA courses at Tamil Nadu State Universities and Colleges. This exam is organised by Anna University on behalf of the Tamil Nadu State Government. Candidates who are interested in this exam can apply on the website of Tancet Anna University.
For any other information about examinations, kindly visit LeverageEdu’s Indian exams official page, and do not forget to check out our social media pages on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.