Also Read: What is the Full Form of RSP?
What is SAP ABAP Used For?
In simple words, SAP ABAP is generally used to create custom programs for businesses. This can include a wide range of tasks like financial accounting, data management, inventory management, and so on. Apart from this, it helps in creating web applications as we all as user interfaces.
Is SAP a Coding?
SAP ABAP is a popular programming language, developed by SAP in 1983. It was originally meant to be used within SAP’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform. In addition to this, it helps businesses to streamline management across various aspects.
Components of SAP ABAP
SAP ABAP has the below-mentioned essential components:
- ABAP Editor: As the name suggests, ABAP Editor acts like a source code editing tool.
- ABAP Dictionary: This is primarily used to create and maintain definitions or data.
- Repository Browser: The Repository Browser tool helps users to display and access development objects.
- Repository Information System: This component of SAP ABAP helps to search for specific objects in the SAP system.
- Workbench Organizer: It helps users to avoid duplicates of an object.
- Function Builder: This tool facilitates the creation and testing part for function modules.
Is SAP ABAP Tough?
To understand SAP ABAP, students must first have an understanding of basic concepts such as data structures, data types, and type casting. Although these concepts are not mandatory, they will surely help you in building a strong foundation. Once your basics are clear, you can then move on to the advanced level of knowledge. SAP ABAP is not as difficult to understand as Java and C++.
This was all about the SAP ABAP full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.