The full form of RBL Bank is Ratnakar Bank Ltd. Headquartered in Mumbai, RBL is a private-sector bank which offers services in areas like retail assets, branch and business banking, corporate and institutional banking, commercial banking, development banking and financial inclusion and treasury and financial markets operations.
History of RBL Bank
Ratanakar Bank was founded on 6 August 1993 in Maharashtra as a regional bank having two branches, one in Kolhapur and the other one in Sangli. Small and medium enterprises and business merchants in Kolhapur and Sangli were its primary customers. As per the Reserve Bank of India Act, of 1934 Ratanakar Bank was categorised as a Schedule Commercial Bank. The bank name was changed to RBL Bank Ltd. in August 2014.
Some Notable Highlights of RBL Bank
RBL Bank has a vast network around 28 states and 8 union territories in the country. There are approximately 502 branches and 414 ATMs of RBL Bank Ltd. RBL Bank has also received various awards and recognitions some of which are mentioned below:
- The Asian Banker Financial Technology Innovation Awards by The Asian Banker in the category of Best Self-Service Banking Initiative, Application.
- Money Today Financial Awards 2019 in the category of Best Small Bank, Business Today.
- Asiamoney Best Bank Awards 2019 by Euromoney in the category of Best Bank for Microfinance.
- Asiamoney Best Bank Awards 2022 by Euromoney in the category of Best Bank for Digital Solutions.
Also Read: Career in Banking 2023: Jobs, Salary, How to Start?
Services and Products offered by RBL Bank
Following is the list of some of the financial services and products offered by RBL Bank to its customers:
1. Fixed Deposits
2. Saving Accounts
3. Investment Services
4. Credit and Debit Cards
5. Mobile and Internet Banking
6. Loans and Insurance
7. NRI Banking
So, this was RBL full form and other important information related to it. For more such informative articles keep following our page.