The full form of HCL is Hindustan Computers Limited. HCL is a multinational IT firm based in India. The company was founded in 1976 and headquartered in Noida. The introduction of the first personal computers with an 8-bit CPU in 1978 is just one of the many innovations that are credited with creating contemporary computing. Technology, talent management, and healthcare are just a few of the various areas that HCL Enterprise offers services in today. The group also consists of three companies and i.e HCL Infosystems, HCL Innovations, and HCL Healthcare.
History of HCL
- HCL was established in 1976
- The parent HCL group consists of the first three companies, i.e HCL Infosystems, HCL Innovations, and HCL Healthcare
- The company has made an effort to maintain its concentration on hardware, but HCL Technologies’ major areas of interest are software and services
- In July 2001, HCL Enterprise Solutions Limited (India) was formed
- HCL had 4.9 billion dollars in revenue in 2007. It was US$ 6.5 billion in 2017, and HCL employed more than 105,000 workers across 31 nations. 9 billion dollars in revenue were generated in 2018, and HCL employed more than 110,000 experts across 31 nations
- HCL Technologies made a selective acquisition of a few IBM products on July 1, 2019. HCL Technologies has taken complete control of BigFix, AppScan, Commerce, Connections, Digital Experience, Notes Domino, and Unica in the areas of R&D, sales, delivery, marketing, and support
Operations of HCL
HCL Technologies operate in 44 countries including Noida. It operates in Australia, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Israel, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Singapore, the UAE, Qatar, and South Africa. It includes Belgium, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Finland, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK in Europe.
Business Lines HCL
- ERS – Engineering and R&D Services
- IMS – Infrastructure Management Services
- Applications Services and Systems Integrations
- Business Services/BPO
- GRC Services and Cybersecurity
- Digital and Analytics
Must Read: What is the full form of PCO?
We hope this article gives you all the insights into HCL. For more information, visit our page!