The full form of CSIR is Council of Scientific & Industrial Research. The world is directing towards technology and science, so research becomes the driving force in the journey of development and innovation. It was established on 26 September, 1942. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research is one of the largest public-funded organizations in India. CSIR plays a powerful role in forecasting scientific research and development in India. CSIR has a huge network of 39 outreach centers, 37 national laboratories, 1 innovation complex. It has three units with a pan-India existence.
Also Read: Research Opportunities in Canada
Objective: CSIR full form
As you know the full form of CSIR is Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, the organization was founded with the aim of promoting scientific research. This would eventually help in the contribution of the nation’s economic and social development. This organization functions under the purview of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CSIR emphasizes on scientific development so as to improve the quality of life for the people of India.
The organization conducts intensive innovation and research, globally competitive R&D to accomplish the dream of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
CSIR could be successful in achieving their aim through scientific research, industrial collaborations, human resource development, and by creating social impact.
Also Read: What is the full form of R&D?
Achievements of CSIR
Mentioned below are some of the major achievements of CSIR:
- CSIR was successful in contributing to various fields and it has embarked its presence in India’s scientific community.
- The organization has developed the first Indian synthetic drug i.e. anti-malarial drug ‘Chloroquine’ as well as anti-cancer drug ‘Paclitaxel’.
- CSIR has also developed BG-34 for diabetes from natural ingredients which helps in managing diabetes.
- The organization has expertise in space research generally in engineering, remote sensing, and material science.
- CSIR has also contributed to the development of traditional medicine systems like Ayurveda.
- CSIR conducts environmental research on pollution monitoring, climate change mitigation strategies and air quality assessment.
- CSIR is also contributing in generating employment opportunities.
Also Read: CSIR NET
We hope this has helped you understand the full form of CSIR and everything related to it. Visit our Full Forms Page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. You can also check out the consolidated 300+ full form list! Connect with us study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!