The full form of IADF is the International Agricultural Development Fund. It is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was established in 1977 to help reduce rural poverty and hunger in developing countries. The IADF provides grants and loans to governments and non-governmental organizations to finance projects that improve agricultural productivity, increase food security, and empower poor rural people. Read to know more about the full form of IADF.
History of IADF
The IADF has 176 member states and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. It has a staff of over 800 people and an annual budget of over $2 billion. The IADF has made significant progress in reducing rural poverty and hunger. Since its inception, the IADF has helped to finance over 3,000 projects that have benefited over 200 million people. The IADF is committed to continuing its work to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, including SDG 1, which is to end poverty in all its forms everywhere.
Also Read: Jobs after BSc agriculture
Key Functions of IADF
Here are some of the IADF’s key activities include:
- Providing grants and loans to finance agricultural development projects
- Supporting research and development in agricultural technologies
- Promoting policies that support sustainable agricultural development
- Building the capacity of rural communities to participate in agricultural development
Must Read: How to Become an Agricultural Engineer
Objective of IADF
The International Agricultural Development (IADF) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that works to reduce rural poverty and hunger. Its objective is to enable poor rural people to improve their livelihoods and contribute to economic growth and food security.
- Protect and enhance the environment and natural resources.
- Protect the economic viability of farming operations.
- Provide sufficient financial reward to the farmer to enable continued production and contribute to the well-being of the community.
- Produce sufficient high-quality and safe food.
Must Read: Agriculture College in India
This was all about the full form of IADF. Visit our general knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. You can also get a consolidated list of 300+ full forms here! Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey!