browse success stories

Al-Farabi Kazakh National University

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Public

September and July

Intakes

68%

Acceptance Rate

10:1

Student: Teacher Ratio

History, Affiliations and Rankings

Established in 1934, at the Pedagogical Institute by Commissars of USSR and Kazakh regional committee. In 1947, numerous faculties were opened after the war ended in Kazakhstan. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has affiliations with Dongguk University, Republic of Korea, South Korea Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Republic of Korea, South Korea, Pusan University of Foreign Studies, Republic of Korea, South Korea Soongsil University, Republic of Korea, South Korea, and the Catholic University of Daegu. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is among the top universities of Kazakhstan and currently ranks #150 in the prestigious QS WUR 2023. 

Infrastructure, Campuses and Courses

Al-Farabi Kazakh National University have the biggest campus in Kazakhstan situated between Timiryazev Street, Al-Farabi Avenue, the Yessentai river, and the Botanical Garden. The GUK building houses administration and also the faculties of History, Economics, Law, Philology, and Journalism. The Kazurad main campus has about 13 buildings and laboratories. In May 2018, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University launched the Ban Ki-moon Institute for Sustainable Development for teaching and research activities of researchers and teaching staff in the area of sustainable development and green economy.

The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, and preparatory programs through its 16 faculties - Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Faculty of Physics and Technologies, Faculty of Informational Technology, Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Geography and Environmental Sciences and others. 

Accomplishments and Alumni 

Al-Farabi Kazakh National University have received the Award of the Commonwealth of Independent States for its work in services and quality and Presidential Award for its high-quality education. The institute gained Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA) 2020 for its work in Islamic Finance and was one of the first universities in Central Asia to join the United Nations Academic Impact Programme (UNAI). The alumni include leading academicians of Kazakhstan, great number of ministers, governors, top managers, members of Parliament, CEOs of National corporations and Olympic Champions such as Kairat Abdrakhmanov, Kazakhstan's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Murat Aitkhozhin, President of Kazakhstan Academy of Sciences, and Yerik Asanbayev, former Vice-President of Kazakhstan.

Student Diversity and Visiting Companies

The Al-Farabi Kazakh National University has over 20,000 students including more than 3,000 international students from across the globe. Around 82% of the international student population at the university are enrolled in UG Courses while the rest 18% are enrolled in PG Courses. 

Al-Farabi Kazakh National University's popularity, accomplishments, and affordable education in the are of Medicine, Science, and research attract students to this university. The university has also been ranked #201-250 for employability by the QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2023. Some of the top visiting companies are almaty, Kcell JSC, NCOC, Bank Centercredit, and Jusan Bank. 

Read More

Talk to an Expert for FREE

Whatsapp Icon
Leverage Edu Logo

A plan for every dream

Download the Study Abroad with Leverage Edu App

Google play store icon

GET IT ON

Google Play

Apple app store icon

Download on the

App Store

Copyright Ⓒ 2024, Leverage Edu. All rights reserved.

Back to top button