With a limited number of seats and heavy competition for each one, the medical education sector is daunting for those who wish to pursue a career in medicine. To add to this stress is the limited number of seats in public medical colleges and the expensive tuition fee of private medical colleges. However, students are now looking for better opportunities abroad and one of these is pursuing an MBBS in Kazakhstan. More than 10,000 Indian students apply for education abroad every year and MBBS in Kazakhstan is a good opportunity to explore.
This Blog Includes:
MBBS in Kazakhstan: Overview
All medical aspirants are very familiar with the MBBS programme in Kazakhstan because all of the country’s top medical schools have received recognition from the WHO, USMLE, IMED GMC, and NMC. Indian students can pursue their dreams by enrolling in one of the many renowned universities that offer MBBS in Kazakhstan. In Kazakhstan, you can find one of the top MBBS Universities. Every year, more than 5,000 Indian students and more than 60 000 medical students come here to pursue their medical degrees. And for that reason, Kazakhstan’s medical school is the best in the country. MBBS Admission in Kazakhstan has become the top choice for the majority of medical students because the medical college of Kazakhstan is unquestionably a bright star in a sky full of medical colleges.
Relevant Read: MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
Advantages and Disadvantages of MBBS in Kazakhstan
Some advantages and disadvantages of attending medical school in Kazakhstan include:
- In Kazakhstan, the application process is quick and easy.
- At Kazakhstan University, there are no exorbitant fees, donations, or capitation amounts required.
- WHO, NMC, IMED, USMLE, and IMED all acknowledge the legitimacy of medical universities.
- The educational standards at Kazakhstan’s medical universities are very high.
- No entrance exam is necessary for medical aspirants to take in order to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan.
- Students in Kazakhstan can easily qualify for international competition because of the country’s top-notch medical education.
- Students in Kazakhstan who pursue an MBBS programme have the chance to travel abroad.
- The cost of living is extremely reasonable, as are the hostel fees.
- The credit hour system is one option provided by medical universities in Kazakhstan to their students.
- Environment: As a student relocates to a foreign country, the local environment, languages, and culture may make one homesick. One becomes more introverted and less outgoing when they are unfamiliar with their surroundings and a new culture.
- Several private universities in Kazakhstan are overcrowded, which causes a number of issues, including a lack of individualised attention for the students.
- Communication is a major challenge for students in Kazakhstan because of the importance of the language barrier for those who are studying there. International students find it difficult to communicate with the locals.
- Cheating Agents – Choosing a reputable consultancy is an important first step. Due to incorrect fee structures, budgets, and other related problems, students become trapped with fraudulent agents. Students and their parents should therefore always be informed and aware.
- Lack of live practice – Medical schools in Kazakhstan do not give students the opportunity to practise on dead patients. This prohibition exists solely for ethical reasons.
Relevant Read: Top 10 Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
There are certain eligibility criteria that you must fulfil for admission to MBBS in Kazakhstan. Some of the eligibility criteria are:
- You should be 17 years of age when applying for admission.
- There is no upper age limit for admission to MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- You should have completed your 10th and 12th standards with physics, chemistry, biology, and English.
- You should have a minimum aggregate of 50% in both your secondary and senior secondary classes.
- You should have appeared and passed your NEET with a decent score.
Relevant Read: MBBS in Kyrgyzstan – A Hidden Gem for Indian Medical Students
The application process for MBBS admission to Kazakhstani medical universities is straightforward and generally simple. Let’s learn more about MBBS admissions at Kazakh universities. The Kazakhstani admissions procedure consists of three important steps. The first three steps are listed below.
- Confirmation of Admission
Before applying to Kazakhstan MBBS, you must submit the following documents:
- Health and travel insurance.
- Mark sheets for grades 10 and 12.
- Passport and student visa in order.
- Birth registration
- Updated Resume
- A few white-background, passport-sized photos.
- Parents’ or guardians’ most recent six-month bank statement.
- Authorization letter
- No-Objection Declaration.
- Sponsorship letter
- Each medical college in Kazakhstan may require additional paperwork beyond the ones already mentioned.
Must Read: MBBS Admission Process
Top Universities for MBBS in Kazakhstan
There are numerous universities for MBBS in Kazakhstan. Most of the universities offering MBBS in Kazakhstan possess a good faculty-to-student ratio and excellent research facilities, some of the top universities offering MBBS in Kazakhstan are:
|Name of the Universities||Tuition Fees / Year (Rs.)||Hostel Fees / Year (Rs.)|
|Al Farabi Kazakh National University||Rs. 3,71,000||Rs. 70,000|
|Semey Medical University||Rs. 3,64,000||Rs. 65,000|
|Kazakh National Medical University||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 56,000|
|Kazakh Medical University of Continuing Education||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 56,000|
|Astana Medical University||Rs. 2,59,000||Rs. 49,000|
|Karaganda State Medical University||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 42,000|
|South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 56,000|
|West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University||Rs. 3,43,000||Rs. 49,000|
MBBS in Kazakhstan vs MBBS in India
|MBBS In India||MBBS In Kazakhstan|
|The course might not get international recognition.||Students who complete MBBS from Kazakhstan get a chance to interact with different people from different communities.|
|There is no specific admission procedure for students. They must attend the entrance examination||Students have to go through certain procedures and formalities for admission.|
|The duration of the course is 5.5 years (4.5 years academics + 1-year internship)||The duration of the course is 5, 5.5 or 6 years (including internship)|
|The fee structure is Government college: INR 11,000 to INR 7.5 lakh (complete course)
Private college: INR 20 lakhs to INR 80 lakhs (complete course
|The fee structure is INR 15 to INR 60 lakhs per year|
|Poor infrastructure and facilities||Better infrastructure|
Must Read: MBBS in India
Medical students are given a variety of career options when applying.
- After completing their MBBS programme, medical candidates in Kazakhstan can apply for jobs at hospitals.
- The student can enrol in higher education and, if they so choose, work in any hospital.
- After the course is over, many medical institutions provide job placement services.
- You can enrol in PhD programmes at this country’s universities.
PG Options after MBBS in Kazakhstan
The Pg options must be understood by the students who want to pursue a medical career from this point forward.
- Here, students have the chance to pursue an MD for five years in Kazakhstan, so there are lots of opportunities to pursue higher education. Here, the cost of the postgraduate programme is less.
- The candidates only need to pay 13, 49, 000 lakhs for the postgraduate course, but they can also choose to enrol in a doctoral programme.
Must Read: MD vs MBBS
The course fee is 5000 USD in the first year and 4300 USD in the subsequent years. The total cost, which is 22200 USD, is due to the five-year length of the course.
Yes, that is the answer. The Indian Medical Council has given the aforementioned medical schools permission to offer MBBS courses to Indian students. When a student passes the NMC-conducted Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), they are awarded a valid medical degree from one of Kazakhstan’s medical universities.
For Indian students seeking an affordable international medical education, Kazakhstan’s MBBS programme is a fantastic option. More than 5,000 students have relocated to Kazakhstan, a country in central Asia, this year to pursue MBBS studies abroad. Kazakhstan is one of the safest countries in the world.
While we have provided you with all the necessary information about an MBBS in Kazakhstan, it is quite natural to feel apprehensive about pursuing a degree from abroad. You might have certain doubts about whether the country and the course are the right fit for you but with the help of the experts at Leverage Edu, you can choose a course and college that is best suited for you.
Nice post. Thanks for given the Information by this blog.
Nice post. Thanks for given the Information by this blog.
Thank you, Praveen! If you are intrested in studying MBBS in Kazakhstan register here – https://leverageedu.com/admissions/study-abroad-admission/.