The Educational Testing Service(ETS) has announced modifications and changes to the Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL). The test will now include new tasks and the test will take fewer hours to complete. Also, TOEFL-iBT is an English Proficiency Test acquired by American and Canadian Institutions. Moreover, the exam measures four academic English skills of the candidate, which are Reading, writing, listening and speaking.
New Changes in TOEFL iBT Exam Pattern
ETS has modified the TOEFL exam pattern to create an optimal experience for the exam takers. The changes are as follows:
- Shortened TOEFL-iBT: In this new and updated version, the test takes less than two hours to complete, before the changes the test was completed in 3 hours. Also, the reading section is shorter and the unscored questions are removed.
- New Task: ETS has added a new modern “Writing for an Academic Discussion Task”. This task will replace the writing task.
- Registration Process Simplified: The test takers will be able to create an account and register quickly. The payment option is localised.
- Score Transparency Increased: Candidates will be able to see the release of their official score release date after they complete the exam. Along with that, the candidate will also receive real-time notification of the changes made to their score status.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Customer service will be provided to Indian test takers. The customer care executives will be able to solve the queries of the candidates for 12 hours every day.
ETS offers TOEFL-iBT(Internet-Based Test) and also the TOEFL iBT Home edition. TOEFL-iBT is one of the most opted tests and it is conducted in a TOEFL test centre, whereas in the TOEFL iBT home edition students can take the test from the comforts of their home. TOEFL scores are valid for two years after the declaration of the results. Further, candidates can pursue the test again if not satisfied with their scores.
For more exciting news updates, make sure you contact Leverage Edu.