Japan Study Support is providing two scholarships to international students. One scholarship worth 500,000 yen (2.94 Lakh) is provided to a student who has enrolled in a recognised institution in Japan. Additionally, two scholarships of 100,000 Yen (INR 58K) are available to international students for the academic year 2023-24. Moreover, the student needs to be able to interview in Japanese or English. Moreover, the deadline for the Japan Support Scholarships for the applicants enrolling in the fall period (September – November 2023) is between August 1, 2023 and 5pm on Monday, October 31, 2023 (JST).
Japan Study Support Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
The Japan Study Support Scholarships for International Students are as follows:
- The student needs to be accepted in a Japanese university in a graduate or an undergraduate program starting from April/May, or September/November 2023.
- Additionally, the enrollment of the student in the Japan university needs to be confirmed
- The student needs to enroll in a Japan Study Support (hereinafter JPSS). The website is run jointly by the Benesse Corporation and the Asian Students Cultural Association for international students
- Moreover, the student needs to receive the message from the university via the ‘JPSS Scout Function’ prior to acceptance.
- The scholarship applicant should also be able to interview in English/Japan
- A Japanese bank account where the scholarship money is accepted is also needed
- Japanese citizens will not be eligible for the scholarship
Japan Study Support Scholarships: Documents Required
The Japan Study Support Scholarship documents required are as follows:
- The scholarship application form
- A self introduction video with more than 30 seconds
- A short essay worth 350 words or 800 Japanese characters. However, the topic for the essay is ‘motivation to study in Japan and Future Goals.
The Japan Study Support selection process involves document screening and an interview process. The scholarship beneficiaries would be notified directly. Do note that the Japan Study Scholarship for the spring session ( applicants enrolling between April- May) has expired.
Students who want to apply for Japanese scholarships can visit this site.