The University of Toronto is offering Lester B Pearson International Scholarships. The scholarships aim to provide opportunities for outstanding international students to study in Canada. Consequently, the scholarship program recognises students who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, creativity, and leadership skills.
A total of 37 scholarships are awarded to international students annually. However, the scholarship is only tenable at the University of Toronto, first entry undergraduate program. The school nomination deadline is November 30, 2023.
Similarly, the deadline for Ontario Universities Application Center (OUAC) application deadline is 15 December 2023. The student scholarship application deadline is January 15, 2024.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program Eligibility
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship program eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be an international student. That is, a non-Canadian requires a study permit.
- Additionally, the applicant must be in the final year of secondary school. Students who have graduated no earlier than June 2023 and are commencing their education at the University of Toronto in September 2024 are also considered.
- Moreover, the student must be excellent in academics, creative, and must demonstrate leadership skills.
- However, students already attending post-secondary education or commencing their education at another post-study institution are not eligible.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program Benefits
The Lester B Pearson Scholarship program benefits include:
- Covers tuition fees for 4 years
- Covers book expenses, incidental fees
- Covers the accommodation expenses for a duration of 4 years
To be eligible for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship program students must receive a nomination from their school. Additionally, the student needs to apply to the University of Toronto for admission before the deadline. However, scholarships will only be awarded to the first choice of the program of the applicant.