Young Professionals Scheme(YPS) launched as a part of the UK-India Migration and Mobility Partnership on February 28, 2023. Under this scheme, the UK offers visas to Indian citizens between the age of 18 and 30 years. Additionally, the Indian nationals can live and work in the UK for 24 months. Moreover, India offers a similar facility to British Nationals under this scheme.
Every year 3000 visas issued to qualified Indians who at least have a bachelor’s degree. Candidates need to enter a ballot to apply under this scheme. The first ballot closed and held by the British High Commission. 2400 visas given out by the UK government. Candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of the scheme:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen between the age of 18 to 30 years.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree( or equivalent ) or above.
- Additionally, candidate must have £2,530 (approx INR 2,50,000) as savings for at least 28 consecutive days in the past 31 dates before applying for the scheme.
How to Apply under the Young Professionals Scheme?
Candidates can apply under the YPS and live and work in the UK for a maximum of 24 months. Also, this will open new paths for young professionals. Candidates can follow the steps to apply under this scheme:
- To apply for a visa for the YPS, candidates must first enter the ballot and provide their name, date of birth, passport number, copy of their passport, phone number and email address.
- The outcome of the ballot is accessible on mail to the candidate within the time specified by the authorities.
- After successful selection in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot, candidates have to prove their identity. Candidates have to provide their documents to prove their identity.
- After this candidates have to visit the official website of the YPS- https://www.gov.uk/india-young-professionals-scheme-visa/apply to take the process further. Candidates have to fill out the form and wait for the results.
- Within 3 weeks the candidates will get the decision and will be contacted by the officials.
- Moreover, candidates to be called to verify their documents and also to attend an interview.
If you want to read more exciting news updates, make sure you follow Leverage Edu.